Are you ready for a Playstation 3?

I'm gonna try streaming music to it from my computer over my network. When I turned it on, Vista found it and I allowed sharing to it, but haven't tried it, since I don't have many games for it and play my 360 more.

I haven't tested it at HD yet, since I can't (But I've ran one at 1080p on my mates, and it looks great). Personally, I love it.
It does offer more than the Xbox 360 can, and I have both, I know, even if its just for the blu-ray/media compatability/free gaming, etc.

It plays any video I throw at it, unlike the 360, and the free gaming has to be a plus, even though its not fully configured yet.

I still like the Xbox 360, but the PS3 will become my new gaming console for games exclusive, and not.
The Xbox 360 will be for the games I have now, and exclusives.

I will be getting the rumble pack models when they appear, as this is something missing. I do like the fact I can just charge through USB without buying anything else too.

I also bought Metal Gear Solid 2 (only played 1) which I'm going to start playing through today, which seemed to work when I tested it :D

I am impressed, and happy I got one, definietly, no question.

Wicked, I do remember Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, except that at the time #1 was so old I would watch my dad play the PS1 haha Snake owns though. #2 is with the whole wilderness survival stuff huh? good game.

Hmm... unlike the Xbox 360 however, the PS3 does not recognise my USB media player with all my music/videos on it... strange...

Maybe if I do an update...

Sorry to hear, mention it if it works or not. I'm workin on gettin a good PC so if I get a PS3 it would be my younger brother's, he's workin on it haha I bet we'd trade time with each other's platform lol.

Typing this as we speak on the ps3 :)

media works now (needed update) though haha it doesnt support subfolders. For example:

albums/x/

nope... but everything under 1‚ yeah...

Got folding at home working 2;D (42665)

Just need my hi def tv now lol

Yeah, it's amazing on a HDTV. I have mine hooked up to a 52 in. 1080i projection screen and it looks amazing. Just gotta remember to not leave still images on the screen. But after hours of gaming on Resistance, Halo 3, and Forza 2, there are no burned images on the screen.

I have a 60gb ps3 and I have to say I love it. No regrets on buying it. The graphics are awesome (even though I don't have an hdtv), and the sound is awesome as well. You can share media files over the network from your pc, just like the 360. You can download games on the playstation network to play on your console. You have 100% compatibility with both ps2 and psone games (something that the 360 doesn't have). And the wireless bluetooth controller is awesome, and the memory card slots are a plus. You can use it wirelessly or wired to the internet. I have it wired since the wire was already there from my ps2.

It does run kind of hot, and the fan revs up and is pretty loud. They do have a ps3 intercooler that you can buy for 30 bucks that will help keep the temps down.

The only complaint about it is that I wish they would have changed the controller, it looks exactly like the dualshock 2 controller, except for where the wire would be coming out of the front, it has a plugin for the usb cord that charges it. And the controller doesn't have rumble, that would be nice as well.

i Would have to agree,and also they are releasing a PS3 controller that does rumble :D,Im glad i got it when i did,otherwise i would have been stuck with the 40gb model (I love my PS2 games),DiRt is an Awesome game! The New need for speed is going to be awesome on the PS3,So wil Ratchet and clank and GT5,Also stunt man ignition is awesome :D

A good thing to know is that the PS3 takes standard PC hard drives, meaning you can slap in a fresh 500GB SATA drive. I don't know if any higher is supported though.

yes the wii is ment to appeal to the core consumer but
never say nintendo does not have core games
and muture games
i dont see 3 year olds playing metorid zelda manhunt (ps2/psp dont count for man hunt cuz there ports from the wii version)
plus more systems u got out there the more
3rd partys will flock 2 you
also in a way the wii being under powered a makes developers be a lot more artistic i mean realism is great but
games like zack andno more heros wiki and wind waker and okimoi (witch is goin to wii) just have such a great unique art style

ye i went for the 60gb model for ps2 & sacd multichannel support.

Found out to run subfolders you have to press triangle & then ‘all media' :)

Back
Top Bottom