Game CD Key

glixon765

Baseband Member
Hey CF, so I am going to bid on some used PC games on eBay and I need your help. Now these are relatively new games so these need CD Keys to run and play mulitplayer. If the previous owner already registered the CD Key and then uninstalled the game can I still use the game, or has the CD Key been registered permanently and I will never be able to use the game? I just wanted to know so I dont waste my money. Thanks everyone.

You could use it, just depending on the game itself will tell you if it's legal or not. For some games, it doesn't matter, for others, it dose.

you should be fine. most games just dont allow 2 cd keys to be online at one time, so if some guy decides to put his key on the internet, only 1 person at a time can be online with it.

it might vary from game to game, but i have never seen a game where you cant re install the game

might want to ask him about it, granted they arent always true about it, but its worth a try... and if he isnt true, get your money back and leave negative feedback

Depends greatly on the game, If its a game that uses the steam client for example the CD key will be locked to his account and totally useless to you

If how ever it was say CnC3 where the key is only needed to install the game youll be fine. If youd like to post a list of the games your bidding on i can tell you if youll have problems or not :)

Back
Top Bottom