The Homebrew Computer Club

ok why make one today ?
well i duno if you have ever felt that satisfied feeling when putting a computer together , such as the build in your sig
imagine that if you had made every single component of your computer as well you would feel a million times more satisfied

anyway i think this would be a great idea of a project however i wouldnt know where to start or anything at all like that so good lukc to you with this and maybe when you finished come back and post pics etc , and maybe offer it for sale

don't get me wrong, it was immensely satisfying when i got it all working. But in those days everything was a challenge.

No computers used the same disk format, protocols had to be written for each machine etc.

Writing multi user accounts/stock control system on something like a BT merlin multi user machine which had about 31k usable ram.......between the 4 user terminals, now that was challenging.

So these days when a computer goes wrong and you don't have to use the oscilloscope and soldering iron. Any muppet can build a pc. I now see why you would want a challenge. Point taken lol

From an old timer who has put himself out to pasture to play games. GOOD LUCK!

lol 2 get 45 nm you need mad expensive equipment
stuff that can shrink and make stuff so small

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am doing this as a challenge to myself. I reached a point where I realized that I potentially knew enough about how a computer worked to design one. So to prove to myself that I could actually do it, I decided to do it.

Pop on by the blog to keep updated!

P.s. a bit of irony here, I don't actually have any interest in building home computers... I have a mac :).

Back
Top Bottom