Laptop Screen Resolution Issue

ebens311

In Runtime
Alright, I bought an HP from a friend of mine almost a year ago and just gave up on trying to figure this out, because well I have a desktop that I use primarily so it wasn't THAT big of a deal...anyways, I can only have the resolution to 1024x768. Whenever I try to increase the pixel ratio and then click "apply" it does in fact apply the change, however the viewable screen doesn't show the whole desktop. Basically if I go to a higher pixel ratio, it doesn't format itself to fit the screen at that ratio, no matter what I put it at, above 1024x768.

Any ideas? Or does my Laptop (which is at last 4 years old I'm guessing) just not support any higher than 1024x768?

look on the hp website and downlaod the latest graphics drivers and install them see if that makes a dirrernce

look on the hp website and downlaod the latest graphics drivers and install them see if that makes a dirrernce
that pretty much says it all. if its that old and hasnt been updated thats the most likely cause

See I'm beginning to believe that 1024x768 is in fact the max resolution...I tried updating all the drivers, no luck at all. :(

Is it a widescreen laptop? The optimal resolution is probably 1024X768 if it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom