Are you ready for a Playstation 3?

lol doesnt matter what u guys say
at the end of the month
the wii world wide is still out selling every thing except the DS
I agree. The Wii is the top-selling out of the three consoles and has great games coming out (and released) like Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Guitar Hero III and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's also the cheapest of the three consoles, actually has backwards compatibility that works with all GC games (yes, XBOX 360 I'm looking at you) and doesn't overheat.
Dude the Wii sucks and you suck for saying something like that
It's great to know that the Wii sucks and people that like it also suck. Try to back up your opinions with facts next time.

This thread is going nowhere fast...
I think it should remain open though. As long as it doesn't turn into a big flame war, it's a good place to debate which console is better.
Can I ask why nexgenwars.com's statistic says PS3 has sold 4,971,835 units where their news section states Sony announced they reached 6 million units in sales.
NexGenWars is inaccurate. From what I've saw, VGChartz is a much more accurate place to see charts and they also have more detailed ones for both hardware and software sales.

whoo cares if the wii is selling more, yeah its a great system. Wanna know the reason its selling more tho? Because its half the price!!! People can save $250 easily. But saving $500, thats tough. If I saved $500, I would prefer to buy other things. If the PS3 becomes more affordable more people will buy it. Same thing with the 360. But the 360 is starting to come down finally. I still cant drop that much on a system So I dont have any of the 3.

The Wii, I like,
The Xbox 360, I like,
The PS3, I like...

Why can't more people be like that?!

@kage, i am like that, i just prefer the ps3 a lot more
@esa, sales arnt everything, there are a lot of kids about who like the wii and the ds because they are simple, and have many 3+ games. they could never handle something like a psp and a ps3, which usually appeals to the more mature customers, but there happens to be loads of children about who can get consoles for their birthdays or just randomly, where some adults cant afford to go out and randomly buy a ps3. oh and the ps3 is usually too expensive for children to get for their birthdays or w/e anyway, so they make do with a wii, or possibly a 360

whoo cares if the wii is selling more, yeah its a great system. Wanna know the reason its selling more tho? Because its half the price!!! People can save $250 easily. But saving $500, thats tough. If I saved $500, I would prefer to buy other things. If the PS3 becomes more affordable more people will buy it. Same thing with the 360. But the 360 is starting to come down finally. I still cant drop that much on a system So I dont have any of the 3.
That's true. The Wii is cheaper and would appeal more to parents buying it for gifts or people saving up.

The Wii, I like,
The Xbox 360, I like,
The PS3, I like...

Why can't more people be like that?!
The world isn't that simple, Kage. :p

@kage, i am like that, i just prefer the ps3 a lot more
@esa, sales arnt everything, there are a lot of kids about who like the wii and the ds because they are simple, and have many 3+ games. they could never handle something like a psp and a ps3, which usually appeals to the more mature customers, but there happens to be loads of children about who can get consoles for their birthdays or just randomly, where some adults cant afford to go out and randomly buy a ps3. oh and the ps3 is usually too expensive for children to get for their birthdays or w/e anyway, so they make do with a wii, or possibly a 360
Like I said for the first quote, that's true - parents and kids can easily save up for a Wii and it would make a more appealing present to parents by the lower price.

I don't think kids can't handle the "mature" content of the PSP and PS3. My cousin is about seven years ago and he's been playing with my PS2 and PSP over the past few years - just not games like Grand Theft Auto. There's loads of family friendly content on SONY systems too.

yea i know, but generally the psp and ps3 have a lot more technical features and mature games, where as the ds and wii are a lot simpler and offer a lot more for children, and at a lower price, making it a lot more appealing for most children

NexGenWars is inaccurate. From what I've saw, VGChartz is a much more accurate place to see charts and they also have more detailed ones for both hardware and software sales.

I would have agreed already but the first time you posted the link it wasn't working for me but yeah, that looks about right.

yea i know, but generally the psp and ps3 have a lot more technical features and mature games, where as the ds and wii are a lot simpler and offer a lot more for children, and at a lower price, making it a lot more appealing for most children

sales arnt everything, there are a lot of kids about who like the wii and the ds because they are simple, and have many 3+ games. they could never handle something like a psp and a ps3, which usually appeals to the more mature customers, but there happens to be loads of children about who can get consoles for their birthdays or just randomly, where some adults cant afford to go out and randomly buy a ps3. oh and the ps3 is usually too expensive for children to get for their birthdays or w/e anyway, so they make do with a wii, or possibly a 360

Agreed %100 just because something is extremely mainstream doesn't always means it's good. I've played the Wii, it's fun I guess but it feels so elementary depending on the game. I honestly think once the novelty wears off it won't take long to die. I haven't played the Xbox 360 much but to be 100% on topic. Yes, I am ready for the PS3 - LOL

EDIT: How's yours going Kage??

I haven't tested it at HD yet, since I can't (But I've ran one at 1080p on my mates, and it looks great). Personally, I love it.
It does offer more than the Xbox 360 can, and I have both, I know, even if its just for the blu-ray/media compatability/free gaming, etc.

It plays any video I throw at it, unlike the 360, and the free gaming has to be a plus, even though its not fully configured yet.

I still like the Xbox 360, but the PS3 will become my new gaming console for games exclusive, and not.
The Xbox 360 will be for the games I have now, and exclusives.

I will be getting the rumble pack models when they appear, as this is something missing. I do like the fact I can just charge through USB without buying anything else too.

I also bought Metal Gear Solid 2 (only played 1) which I'm going to start playing through today, which seemed to work when I tested it :D

I am impressed, and happy I got one, definietly, no question.

Hmm... unlike the Xbox 360 however, the PS3 does not recognise my USB media player with all my music/videos on it... strange...

Maybe if I do an update...

Back
Top Bottom