A tree fell on my truck...

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Yep. A tree fell on my truck a few hours ago. Completely destroyed my truck and my mental saneness at the same time. The truck I have is a 1999 Ford F-150. Single cab, 4.2 V6, manual transmission. Beautiful truck. It still looked brand new even though it was a '99. Now, its almost completely destroyed. As far as I could tell, the front end is completely smashed. The windshield is pretty well gone, and the top of the cab is dented in pretty bad. We have already contacted our insurance company, and they are providing us with a rental car until we get the truck fixed. If we can't get it fixed, they replace it. We don't know who's insurance is going to cover it yet. The tree that fell was on another persons property, and they have no homeowners insurance. The property we are on is rented out, and my landlords have told us they will do all they can for us. We know for sure that the tree was on the other persons property. The tree also made a pretty big dent on our house too, and pulled out the power cables. A TV, VCR and DVD player all had their fuses blown, because the ground wire (the white one, aka neutral) was ripped out but the power stayed on. The most important part is that nobody got hurt. We just want to get our things back in order as soon as possible. That truck means a lot to me. It was something my and my dad would spend countless hours with, driving around, going on trips, working on it whenever we needed to. Now, that has been crushed... literally. I will have pictures of the damage pretty soon. I already took 27 pictures of the damage with the tree still there, and I am going to get 27 more without the tree. I'm not going to school tomorrow, because I want to get that damned tree of of my truck. If my teachers have something bad to say about that, they can go screw themselves.

So, yeah. That is the primary focal point of my life right now. I don't know about it yet. I'm so pissed off. I'm also sad because I love that truck.

Well... I'm going to be on for a while. I want to get some sleep tonight, but I don't know if I can. I don't know. I just want this to be over. I want my truck back...

By the way, the truck really isn't mine. The title and insurance are in my mom's name. But it is technically my truck.

pics or it didn't happen :D

Bloody bad luck mate, look on the bright side, at least it was insured and it is replacable

lol, yeah, youll get your damn pics... lol, jk..

but, yeah, i should have the pics developed tomorrow evening, after i get some without the tree there.

and, yes, it did have full coverage and they should be able to fix or replace it. all that really matters is that nobody got hurt or killed. the tree fell right up against our house, too..

Nature is mad at you. I suggest a sacrifice (your neighbor or somebody you run faster than.)

On a serious note, sorry about that man!

That sucks dude!!! I got backed into today, but thats nothing compared to a tree falling on it!!! Thats crazy, and my truck was a ford too, someone must be out to get us ford owners...

yeah, read the thread about your truck, superman. you have pretty nice truck. at least it didn't get smashed. hope you can get yours fixed up good. i know mine will probably never be the same.

I'm going to tap it out a little, polish and wax it, and than take it in for an estimate to the local guy or something. But if it costs a decent amount, forget it.

Back
Top Bottom