How is my OC?

how thick is the layer of AS5? You dont need much of the stuff. a very thin layer works best.

what is BIOS reporting for Mobo temps, have you measured ambient temps?
what is room temp?

still shouldnt matter, but i have my arctic cooler running my cpu at 13c idle in the bios(at stock) and thats the same amount of heat as your C2D, and my cooler is assumed to be not as good. and i dont think i did anything too specail with the paste, i used a ton(more than you should anyways), but thats how i roll:p

How cold is it in your room? That's only 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

its usually cold but not that cold, the cpu can be lower than ambient, since the heat is taken from the cpu to the HSF, only the HSF can not be under ambient, although i leave my window open all the time, and it drops below freezing at night :) i like having a cool room, soon as i get my heater working(my pc :p) it should almost balance out.

How does the CPU get below ambient when the HSF can't, when the CPU is the heat source?

are you sure your case fans are working as well as your HS fan?

Yeah, they all spin, and feel like they are pushing air. but with crappy cable jobs and such....

I have off of school thrusday and friday, so I'm going to re-wire everything, see how that helps.

OK, little bumpy here.

I re-wired everything, and took some before/after picts.

DSC00138.jpg

that was the before. If you look near the bottom of the case, by the hard drive, you'll just just a chaos of wires. what you can't see are the two fans in front of those cables. I'm assuming that mess was messing it up.

Now the after:

DSC00139.jpg

That mess of wires near the bottom is gone. I tried to hide everything under the 3.5" bays, so they were out of the way. I also moved what I could behind the Opticals and the Rack since no fan is intaking up there, and I had no-where else to put them. Without a change in my Ambiants, my CPU idle has gone from 45 C to about 37 C, so things are getting better.

Back
Top Bottom