Trying to share a printer- Won't Work

guitardude777

In Runtime
I have been sharing my printer over our home network for a long time. Now, since I switched to another hard drive, it's stopped working. I am sharing the printer and I have the share name set to Photosmart. The other wireless computer will not detect it at all. If I select 'browse for a printer', it will only show the name of my computer with no printer underneath it. It's not the firewalls, cause I have those set correctly. Anyone know why the other computer won't detect it?

wow its been a while since i have divulged in printer sharing.

but have you tried putting the exact name for it if it wont find it auto like \\computername\printername ?

and are you adding the printer through a word doc when trying to print or printers in control panel ? well try both

also if you goto your address bar in IE or my docs or any explorer window and put the name of you computer which has the printer hard wired to it like \\computername like that does it bring up shared docs etc

also do you def have file and print sharing turned on on both computers

Are the computers on the same work-group? that seems to always be my problem when that happens.

What does your printer setup consist of?

Do you have a print server? do you have the printer shared through a PC?

Back
Top Bottom