Paintballers reply: wat is your fav marker

i've got a 2k3 Rat Impulse that I haven't touched for 2 years. I'm just not into paintball anymore. There are a lot of nice markers out there now days though.

no its not the tighter the barrel the better but if it is long and tight it will be the best + the origanal barrel on the a-5 sounds like a 22 rife its so damn loud.

Not until a certain point. Anything above 16" is considered pointless and is wasting air to get the ball up to desired velocity. The tightest bore possible won't get you insane accuracy. I use a .693 Stiffi, and I notice no accuracy improvement when going to smaller bore sizes.

No problem, I've been paintballing for 3 years until a while ago, just sorta fell out of the loop.

Not until a certain point. Anything above 16" is considered pointless and is wasting air to get the ball up to desired velocity. The tightest bore possible won't get you insane accuracy. I use a .693 Stiffi, and I notice no accuracy improvement when going to smaller bore sizes.

It's only the first 8 inches or so of a barrel that has any part in the paintball's trajectory cause that is the portion that actually comes into contact with the paintball. The rest of the length is honed larger than the paintball and is meant to disperse air evenly to keep the paintball travelling in a straight line and, if you so desire, dampen the sound (for woodsball players who care about noise levels). There is rarely a professional player who uses a barrel longer than 14" because anything larger has a very insignificant effect on the paintball and so only acts as a burden to keep hidden behind bunkers. The length of the barrel plays no part in how much air is used to get the ball up to velocity because it is the marker itself that regulates this.

I know the marker regulates velocity, I though that really long barrels had an effect on velocity. That's a good piece of info.

Back
Top Bottom