no audio

fsteyer

Baseband Member
Hi:
I'm getting no audio for system sounds (startup, etc) or sounds from videos on the net. I do get sound for Skype , Media Player and Music box. Help please ....

go into control panel>sound and audio devices then click on the audio tab and make sure that default device is set to the proper audio device option.

Also be sure to check your connection in the back of your computer and make sure that your speakers are plugged into the green audio port.

Also, you may want to double check the Device Manager just in case if there's an exclamation mark or some time of question mark in there next to your audio device. If there is one, you need to reinstall your sound drivers.

Thanks .... I checked all that and it's set as it should be. It's as if another app won't release the sound card. How can I check that?

Thanks ........

click your speaker icon in taskbar and then click on mixer and check none of your affected programs are turned right down or muted

click your speaker icon in taskbar and then click on mixer and check none of your affected programs are turned right down or muted
yep exactly. thats the most likely cause of it, considering you can still get sound from some things

Do you have your mobo driver disc? Reinstall your sound drivers, if you have onboard audio or go online and download drivers. I remember a while back this worked for me.

thanks ... I tried all that but no progress.
I have a Realtek driver and it seems that all Windows .wav just wont play. Even if I try "test" in control panel, sound associated with windows I can't get anything.
Help please .........
thanks again ........

Back
Top Bottom