Random Chit Chat #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray, some people can see my side, sadly a rarity lately, & I especially thank D88, I don't need this thing about my review to escalate any more than is necessary & he can see that which is good, I'll conclude by saying that my review proper was conducted very fairly by David & the mods in the staff area, I am assured, whereas the threads both in the Social Lounge & CF Suggestions have been conducted along the lines of kangaroo courts & all kinds of insults have been directed against me, my age, whether I was competent to be a mod, regardless of the fact that I'd been a mod for two & a half years.
One year David put me in charge, whist he went on holiday for a week, & I was proud to do it, this was the very first time that he had done this, & the fact that he trusted me enough, was very much appreciated, on the morning that he returned he straight away PM'd me saying that he'd had a look around & everything looked shipshape & thanked me, then he asked if I'd had any problems to which I said no, & that was that, but now, over a year since, IMO CF has altered dramatically, yes of course we still have a core of decent well-behaved members thank goodness, but it's "different" in a way that I can't begin to put my finger on properly, there is far more belligerence, & flaming is almost commonplace, its such a shame that a great site like ours seems to be degenerating, I honestly do not envy David his job at the moment, & can only hope that matters soon get better, this matter of me, & whether I become a mod again, pales into insignificance against the security & continuance of this organisation, by which I mean that of course I'd like my old job back, but there are matters far more important right now.

Do not make this about yourself. And don't insult the forums. If you ever even read the suggestion threads, everyone seems to agree with the fact that you subtract something from the forum. I do not want to start up a flame war or bicker, but it really gets to me that you feel free to just say whatever the hell you want, and expect people to agree with it. The forum is fine, the members are fine, and the staff is fine. Well, actually right now the staff is as united as it has ever been.
As Dude_se (nomination for a mod right there), has said, what has happened in the past does not matter. It is the now that matters. You break the rules, insult members, insult the staff. Then you dare talk about flaming and the forum. You are probably the most prolific double poster on the forums (The reason being that if anyone else double posted that much, they would get a PB right away). How can you even consider saying anything about the state of the forum when you seem to be doing your best to contradict everyone, even David.

I did not want to say this, but you asked for it. I liked you Maurice, as both a mod and a person, but now that has changed. You used to be fair and understanding, and didn't meddle in matters that didn't concern you. Now you, as a mod, are just a minus to the forum.

Hooray, some people can see my side, sadly a rarity lately, & I especially thank D88, I don't need this thing about my review to escalate any more than is necessary & he can see that which is good, I'll conclude by saying that my review proper was conducted very fairly by David & the mods in the staff area, I am assured, whereas the threads both in the Social Lounge & CF Suggestions have been conducted along the lines of kangaroo courts & all kinds of insults have been directed against me, my age, whether I was competent to be a mod, regardless of the fact that I'd been a mod for two & a half years.
One year David put me in charge, whist he went on holiday for a week, & I was proud to do it, this was the very first time that he had done this, & the fact that he trusted me enough, was very much appreciated, on the morning that he returned he straight away PM'd me saying that he'd had a look around & everything looked shipshape & thanked me, then he asked if I'd had any problems to which I said no, & that was that, but now, over a year since, IMO CF has altered dramatically, yes of course we still have a core of decent well-behaved members thank goodness, but it's "different" in a way that I can't begin to put my finger on properly, there is far more belligerence, & flaming is almost commonplace, its such a shame that a great site like ours seems to be degenerating, I honestly do not envy David his job at the moment, & can only hope that matters soon get better, this matter of me, & whether I become a mod again, pales into insignificance against the security & continuance of this organisation, by which I mean that of course I'd like my old job back, but there are matters far more important right now.

Well for one if you disagree with the threads in the social loung and comments and suggestions why dont you wither A tell a moderator what you feel is questionable or go in there and comment on them yourself
as for the rest of that post i am not commenting as it would cause an argument in this perfectly alright so far thread , i dont see your reason for posting this here however thats not my problem
And what relevance does it hold if david did that then , i wonder if he would do the same today , i am thinking maybe he wouldnt

He isn't the only one. I am not going to give out the list of nominees here lol.

+1 for thelis, thanks mate, means a lot.
@mongoman, yh im kind of disappointed you think that, since im here most days aswell. i may not have an average post count as high as his but i always try my best, and would if i was a mod. anyway thats your opinion and its cool. we all have our own

thelis edit that part mongoman quoted asap, your not allowed to talk about that stuff to the public ;) just some advice

woah woah, no offense to dude_se but if i wanted anyone to become a mod it would be muz, cuz hes rlly helpful and is active all the time

dude i am flattered realy and it would be an honour to be part of the mod team
but we shouldnt be talking about this here in open forum thats a decision that the mods make behind clsoed doors and i dont think the members should realy talk about who they think should be mods cos then favourites come into play and people get angry and argue
He isn't the only one. I am not going to give out the list of nominees here lol.

to be fair i dont think you should give out one and not the rest either tho
mods shouldnt be giving any at all realy cos it shows who you guys like/dislike and it can be used against you in the future

thelis edit that part mongoman quoted asap, your not allowed to talk about that stuff to the public ;) just some advice
i know im famous but your allowed to speak about me in public lol :p
anyway its great thelis thinks i could be mod, and even i know i could do it, and do it well, but i doubt its been discussed in the mod lounge anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom