How is my OC?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
OK, I've just set my OC again after defaulting it for the summer heat.

Currently, I have it set at 2.88 Ghz on 1.3 Volts Seven minutes in orthos and it's maxed out at 64 C ( currently sitting at 60).

How is my oc? Also, what is the max temp on a C2D, just so i can keep an eye on it?

ya those temps r to high
never want temps above 55
what fan are you using?
what core 2 duo?
cuz i got mine to 2.8 with out raising voltage

I'm at 3.2 Ghz on 1.29 Vcore, but on a E6300 with a lapped Ultra 120 and lapped E6300 which is still not flat yet. I get load temps of about 44-ish Celsius.

yeah, it doesn't help that my case sucks for air flow. I wasn't smart when I originally bought it. Didn't pay much attention to the air needs of OC'ing.

If this don't work, then I may just take off the OC. Volt's can't go any lower for CPU.

ya dude
set your volts back to default
start over
dont touch your voltages
just start raising the fsb
keep going till you wont boot
then lower down to the last level that worked
check stability
if your satisfied with that keep it
if not raise the voltage very very little and start raising the fsb again
got a 3ghz clock your temps should be around 45 under load

those temps are higher than they should be, go back to default voltage and only raise if you have to, and if those temps continue, make sure your HSF is on right

Wow those temps are way to high for a 1.3vcore. I don't know were Esa got 55C but the tech limit is 60.1C. They don't throttle till 85C.

In the summer I ran mine up to a max of 67C loaded under orthos for 3 hours and never had any problems.

Although its colder so temps dropped quite a bit now I can't get above low 50's.

Somethings not right with your cooler. You might want to pull it off and try resetting it. Theres no way you should be that high on a aftermarket cooler with that low of a overclock. Somethings not right there.

poo, took it off. still got hot on stock. Not sure if it's just my case or if i have a hot running proc. It's ideling right now at 44ish. I've re-done my AS5 a few times, and it's always been around here.

Oh well... I trired. it seemed stable, but just got too hott.

yeah that is too strange. That zalman 9500 is a good air cooler so you shouldnt be seeing temps that high especially on an overclock of 2.88GHz. If you've tried reseating your heatsink I'm not sure what else you can do unless you're not doing it right but it is fairly straight forward.

Back
Top Bottom