United Kingdom Vs Britain Vs England

peoples in guernsey and jersey etc are still British, being British just means that you live in the British isles (including all outer Scottish isles and channel islands) etc...

I do get your point though, on a technicality UK isn't geographically a single country, but politically it is a single country.

This thread has answered some questions I had. BUT I still have more:p

Are Wales and Scotland their own countries? like, can they leave the UK? or are they just part of England, but are just different regions within the country with their own regional dialects and customs?.

I don't think I did a good job of asking my second question, so Here's a example of what I mean. I'm from the United States, but I'm from the Deep Southern part of it and although on a map it looks like it's all one country the South is vastly different in terms of culture and dialect etc from the rest of the country, and alot of folks still consider it to be separate from the rest of the country...not like it's own country kind of separate, but they see the rest of the US and The South as two separate things but part of the same country.

people from the Falkland islands are British and there the other side of the world.

This thread has answered some questions I had. BUT I still have more:p

Are Wales and Scotland their own countries? like, can they leave the UK? or are they just part of England, but are just different regions within the country with their own regional dialects and customs?.

I don't think I did a good job of asking my second question, so Here's a example of what I mean. I'm from the United States, but I'm from the Deep Southern part of it and although on a map it looks like it's all one country the South is vastly different in terms of culture and dialect etc from the rest of the country, and alot of folks still consider it to be separate from the rest of the country...not like it's own country kind of separate, but they see the rest of the US and The South as two separate things but part of the same country.
Wales and Scotland are both their own country. They're part of the United Kingdom, which is made up of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom