David something has to be done

I know in the past I used to bang on about rep, & to say things like "I've got X amount of pos reps guys", but I've had a drastic re-think & now I wouldn't give a toss if it disappeared tomorrow, as for priviledged members I can take it or leave it, even if I were qualified enough to be one, I'd say no thanks, IMO all we need are junior members, [drop the terms "noob" or "newbies"] I'm sure new members don't like being referred to as these, next Gurus, I propose two stages 500 posts apart, [the actual positioning could be agreed later] then on to mods, two stages again depending only on performance, not on length of service, this would rest well with Arrixz, I mean, look how well he's done as mod in a a relatively short time, now the next proposal will I would guess raise some eyebows, a completely new post of "Head Moderator", myself I wouldn't want it, even if I were a mod again, that person would be taking on a huge responsibility, second only to David, he wouldn't be regarded as admin, IMO there must be only one Administration Officer so that it always remains as a demarcation point, & that's it, please pick it over, that's what discussions are for, bearing in mind that there is never a perfect system, but if the bugs are ironed out round a virtual table headed by David & the entire squad of mods. I find there is one distinct advantange of being in the position I am now, it's the ability to look at & analyse the Moderating system from the outside.

Please read it all through, personally I think it would work quite well with perhaps a small tweak here & there.

By the way neodude, I only deleted that flag as good as it is, to save space
superbiggrin.gif

That's quite an idea but I don't think it will work. Everyone will be making spam posts to make a mod, which is a pretty big position.

My 2 cents.

i think mods should only be elected/choosen by other mods and by david if they agree on someone - since webmonkey's right its a position that has a lot of responsibility but also the ability to delete and ban....with great power coems great responsiblity right? well, lets make sure we choose responsible people for the job.

Back
Top Bottom