Time to upgrade

reodan92

Baseband Member
Well i just got oranage box and im loving it but i have to run everything close to the lowest settings so i dont have a bad frame rate. So im thinking of getting a new graphics card but i was wondering why do pepole get a 8800 instead of a 8600? its about 300$ cheaper and it doesnt really do anything different does it.

the 8800 is quite a bit faster than a 8600. Whereas the 8600 will allow you to run most games at medium to high settings (with low resolutions) the 8800 allows you to run games on high settings at higher resolutions. One is better than the other, so that's why one is higher priced.

The 8800 is a huge jump from the 8600. Whether you should get it or not depends on your system. If you have a weak processor, or a small amount of ram, then that will just bottleneck your graphics card and you won't see a big difference. Also make sure you have an adequate power supply.

mine runs at 1024x768 but im thinking of getting a new moniter cuz this crt moniter is taking up way to much space on my desk. For 300 dollars more i dont think the 8800 is worth the money for me i dont mind running my games on medium-high. ty for the input :) .

If you have a CRT a 8800 will not really do much good for you. Get the 8600 and use the rest of the money for a nice LCD

A 7950 is about the same price as an 8600 but the 7950 has better specs. They are just extremely hard to find. If you find one of your liking etc brand and placement then its better off with the high 7 series card and a nice monitor.

Back
Top Bottom