David something has to be done

if David can't implement all the suggestions then perhaps he should consider getting another admin to help.
if the mods can't clear up spam fast enough then perhaps we need more mods.
if people arn't answering questions then perhaps we should look for ways to try to get people into and involved in the help sections of the forum rather than just the social lounge, (a great way of doing this would be making social lounge posts not count towards post count).

personally, I feel once we've sorted out the problems with the forum dynamics, then we should be sorting out the eye candy like avatars and ranks.

1-If he can get someone that he can trust and knows about Vb, and could be active here as well, I wouldn't mind.
2-I'd be willing to help you guys out, but it's just for spam removal, thread closing and language filtering.
3-Nah, removing Social lounge post count doesn't help. We need to REMOVE it.

4-Eye candy would be great after, but not too eye-candy either.

i dont want to have to go on another forum just for a social lounge. i mean i like reading and posting about computers, but i also like the social lounge. i have a good mix of the 2

make some suggestions then... who'd be better staff, we had the privellage of allowing virtually unmoderated threads where you could say what you thought of the mods and tell them where they could improve, practically everyone said all the mods were great except brookfield.

You're right. If we'd solve the Brookfield problem and find a moderator who is laid back and appeals to the general consensus of people around here then I think things would get better. A lot of people are mad about that whole situation and how he still has mod priveledges. I agree all the mods were great, I've had no problem with them except brookfield. Hopefully that problem will be taken care of soon. I didn't mean to say the entire staff wasn't friendly.

You're right. If we'd solve the Brookfield problem and find a moderator who is laid back and appeals to the general consensus of people around here then I think things would get better. A lot of people are mad about that whole situation and how he still has mod priveledges. I agree all the mods were great, I've had no problem with them except brookfield. Hopefully that problem will be taken care of soon. I didn't mean to say the entire staff wasn't friendly.

I fully agree with this. Brookfield hangs like a shadow over this forum and I honestly believe he is part of the problem. People seem afraid to have discussions because of his arbitrary interpretations of the rules which he has seemingly edited himself to cover his tracks, and I have seen too many off-topic, locked threads which ended up being so after he posted some form of abuse in them. Speaking of this, is there any progress on your decision regarding Brookfield, David?

I think there is another problem in that somebody is asking for one thing, somebody else is asking for something else, and somebody else yet again is asking for something which is both unreasonable and infeasable. I do not think there are enough hours in the day for David to respond to everything and implement everything that everyone is demanding. He probably has to pick and choose what he wants to implement on his forum, when he has the free time to do so. At least, I believe this is the case.

Removing the social lounge is a bit harsh. I like it in there. It gives the forum personality and some fun too. I have my fair share of posts in there :p. At the same time, the hardware and software forum keeps the original objective of the forum in check.

If the social lounge was removed I doubt I would come back to post on these forums.

The social lounge is a huge part of CF, how can you expect a community to exist when there is no social interaction?

I have always believed and continue to do so, that we should remove the post count for the social lounge. I believe it will solve a lot of issues, in that people will post there for want of posting there.

I also agree with Root, that David should seriously consider a co-admin who is able to support him in the running of the forum with maybe the appointment of a couple of other moderators, maybe some at a lower level whom only have the ability to edit and remove spam that sort of thing.

In regards to Brookfield, although I have to start to agree that he has reached the end of his span as moderator for the forum, I feel that he is being unfairly held to blame for so many things in this forum, and although I recognise there is many valid points which have been raised, watching the jump on the bandwagon stance, to a virtual lynching on this forum, kinda brings a sense of unease to it.

We shall see what happens in the future, but I do not believe that the problems will resolve themselves with the removal of one moderator.....there is still an inherent problem which I focused on in my previous post in this thread, but I am still not certain I can clearly identify........

EDIT: I don't think you should remove the social lounge, it is a vital aspect of the community here.

Back
Top Bottom