does this have pci-e 2.0?

What do you mean by the "AP triggers"? Oh never mind. I see it from the remote. Don't really know.

Wait, found it:

"The ASUS AP Trigger allows the user to quickly boot or resume media and favorite applications. With just the touch of a button on the AI Remote controller, the user can quickly switch on the PC and launch predefined applications simultaneously! "

WOW factor just went up, up, and up!!!

"AI Remote
Total control from the comfort of the couch is what AI Remote provides. With just the touch of a button, the user can quickly perform computer activities such as switching the PC ON/OFF; launching favorite applications by enabling the AP Trigger function; or controlling AI Gear and AI Nap. Furthermore, the AI Remote gives the user the versatility of a traditional remote on media player. With an ASUS AI Remote, the user can accomplish so much more with the PC from a distance.

Swift - AP Trigger
The ASUS AP Trigger allows the user to quickly boot or resume media and favorite applications. With just the touch of a button on the AI Remote controller, the user can quickly switch on the PC and launch predefined applications simultaneously!

Trusted - TPM support (The TPM is purchased separately.)
This Motherboard supports Trusted Platform Module (TPM) – which provides enhanced data protection, security via high-level encryption / decryption and platform integrity. The TPM meets the Windows Vista BitLocker Drive Encryption hardware requirement for a more secure working environment.

Accelerated - ASAP (ASUS Accelerated Propeller) ASAP gets you to your destination fast. Supporting the Windows Vista ReadyBoot Function, ASAP accelerates the boot up time and program initiation under Windows Vistaâ„¢. Enjoy greater efficiency and get more productivity out of your system - ASAP."

We could all pitch in and share the PC, hehe. Man, I like to get my hands on that sucker. But I'm sure we'll see more and more of this technology being implemented later on down the road, hopefully at a price cut too.

Look at the wi-fi specs on that thing: 300Mbps IEEE 802.11n and backwards compatible with IEEE 802.11g/b
- Software Access Point mode

Sheesh, really updated stuff. I like to put that thing in a Lian Li case (2x 120mm fan & 2x 80mm fans).

*drool* *drool*
pair that with a 45nm quad core and 4 gigs of ddr3 1800, 8800GTX and thats a computer with some kick

i feel somewhat stupid for buying my expensive evga 680i a1 mobo now :-/

Don't worry. There's a term for this in marketing that describes how consumer feel regret afer purchasing a product, but I forgot what it's called. It's common to feel that way, especially when it comes to buying computer related products (since they change so darn fast). You did good in your buying decision and that is a nice motherboard. I just wish I knew about the ASUS P5E3 Deluxe ahead of time.

Don't worry. There's a term for this in marketing that describes how consumer feel regret afer purchasing a product, but I forgot what it's called. It's common to feel that way, especially when it comes to buying computer related products (since they change so darn fast). You did good in your buying decision and that is a nice motherboard. I just wish I knew about the ASUS P5E3 Deluxe ahead of time.

buyer's remorse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer's_remorse

haha buyer's remorse....

that is a sick mobo from ASUS. Remotes are relevant to my interests.

Equipping a X38 mobo with a FSB1600 CPU, 4GB DDRIII-1866 and three 8800GTXs...that would be nice and good. PCI-E 2.0, I believe will have the compability with the Geforce 9 series and Radeon 3 series.

BTW, I had a buyer's remorse too. When I bought the P5Kc and PD, I felt that there was too much cash spet, and I had the gift to return it, because there was stray voltage...and I was lucky. Now, I have a Gygabyte M55Plus-S3G and an AMD Athlon 64 4000+. The remorse is gone, because I can get myself a AMD 6400+ Black box after :D

Back
Top Bottom