Should I install Vista or stick with XP?

More RAM is always nice, but it isn't as necessary as you think. It is more necessary if you game though, especially with BF2 and 2142. Vista just has a different way of using it's RAM. It buffers things it thinks you are going to use often.

i wouldnt use vista on a P4 stick with XP til you have a C2D.

and im assuming thats DDR ram not DDR2 ? so again id stick with xp until you upgrade your pc

But since 98 they havent checked and tested as much.

If you aren't sure of what you are talking about perhaps it is more helpful if you don't post at all.Posting incorrect info just for the sake of posting really isn't a help to anyone.

I'd stick with XP. I've tried vista on a pentium 4 and it was alright, but in order to get the full potential I'd use vista on a core 2 duo or an athlon X2.

if your have a graphics card
then run vista you will be fine
but i wouldnt with out some type of dedicated card
unless u disabled areo

You can upgrade to Vista. I have a similar system (Pentium 4 3GHz, Radeon 9600/X1050, 1GB RAM DDR400) and it runs perfect. First thing I need to do is grab the SiS AGP Controller driver or it will lock up. Other than that, it runs fine. No slow downs. It's slower than XP, but really...it's normal. Instead of taking 5-10 secs like XP, it takes 9-15 secs for Vista.

Back
Top Bottom