David something has to be done

Good point,I guess a few memebers might want to but i think that would nt be enough for 2 per time zone,maybe make a special group of memebers with the title "spam control",i dont know i just have been noticing alot of spam lately.

The more I think about it, the more I think, we may have a few different faces around, but some of our major posters are gone, or seldom here.

As the member base grows, nothing changes, and it gets old. All I ask is for something refreshing.

This is my proposal....

Custom Avatars, size up to like 80x80.
Custom signatures to include formatting, and image codes, but images only to xxx by xxx pixles.
New theme.
Custom Titles to everyone
No rep

Well the rep can even go, that doesn;t really matter.

But if you notice, almost every successful forum will have customizable stuff. We don't have that.

i dont like custom titles to everyone, i would say everone who is a guru or senior member.

and avs should be up to 100x100, 96x96 is the standard

Sure, but moderators have to be active enforcing sig sizes. We can still have everything custom, but mods have to be busy. If members don't comply, their sig will have to be manually removed like in the other forums until they fix it.

Look here:

See, first of all, I have a funny quote as my sig, and that is it. (formatting)

Then, you can see the rules as stated. If they don't abide, we mods have the power to change their signature for them. OR with the upgrade of VB, we can actually put the infraction thing to use.

yh, a year or so ago i would have said it was ok, but now we really need more members, and the current ones need an incentive to stick around.

Yeah, because no one is joining. And I know they aren't joining because of staff problems. They wouldnt have been here long enough to know about any of they are new!!

So basically its down to making the forum look fun, and giving a reason for old members to stay, and not get bored, and go to a more fun place.

I think that updating the layout to maybe a picture of some hot ass computer, allowing custom avatars and html in signatures, will make the appearance of the forum so much nicer and customized, then maybe people will be like "oh this forum is cool" and they will see that most of us aren't the nerdy type, were actually normal people and that just because you know about computers doesnt mean you can't be cool. ALso sending out a mass email would work...

Hello, fellow ComputerForums member!

We have updated our site, it has really gone a long way, check it out. Most questions are responed to instantly. The forum has become more active over the past year. So check it out! Cheers,

The CF.ORG Team!
Exactly.
i dont like custom titles to everyone, i would say everone who is a guru or senior member.

and avs should be up to 100x100, 96x96 is the standard

See thats picking and choosing people. I don't think we could do that. Maybe. I think (after thinking about it more) we should dump the privileged and dump rep, and give everyone the custom title option. Or forget the option, and add another 2,3 automatic titles. I mean thats the simplest of things. The only people we have left are getting more and more posts, and not even getting a fucking 2 word title above their petty forced avatar. If you have 7,000 posts, you should be acknowledged as something more then guru. I mean someone as seasoned of a member with 7,000 posts should not be the same as a newer member with only 1k.

Seriously, you really have to give into what your members want. Even if you don't like it, its what everyone wants, and sooner or later, the forum will fail because you cant keep with the times.

If you want to keep us (myself included) something has gotta change for the better.

I Totally agree with Arrizx,Long standing members WILL Find it boring after a while (Not IF but WHEN),also new member will only join if they can have some fun by having there own avatar and sig.

Ill be honest, this place bores me.

I come back, because my position, and fun people.

I personally want to see a change, as well as everyone else agreeing with me that it is a change for the better.

Back
Top Bottom