Should I install Vista or stick with XP?

guitardude777

In Runtime
Hey everyone, I have a Dell Dimension 4700 with a 2.8ghz pentium 4 and 2 gigs of ram. I'm getting a new hard drive because my 250gb seagate failed and I revived it with the freezer trick, but I'm not going to trust it anymore. Right now I'm running off of another hard drive, but when I get a new one I will be starting from scratch. So, my question is, should I upgrade to Windows Vista or stick with XP? I'm worried about compatibility issues; maybe i shouldn't be because I think all of the programs I use will work fine with Vista. Is it worth it to upgrade? Is Vista any better?

Stick with XP, untill service pack one or two come for Vista. Because since windows 98 there can be bugs in windows. But Vista is pretty clean. Also, there is no need to upgrade yet but it is your choice.

My video card is a ATI Radeon x300(piece of crap). Last time I checked there were vista drivers available for it.

If your video card can't handle the new user interference for Vista, I wouldn't advise using it.

i like vista personally.. if you hear people saying you need insane amounts of RAM to run it.. dont listen to them, im sitting here with 512 RAM, and its running perfectly fine.. vista is a good, clean operating system.. and as long as you dont do anything stupid on the internet, it is secure too..

Back
Top Bottom