Microsoft silverlight

oh i think this is like the new front page website maker thingy lol i think...

edit: well apparently i was wrong...it seems its some kind of flash/animation maker or soemthing heres a quote from wikipedia

Silverlight provides a retained mode graphics system, similar to WPF and integrates multimedia, graphics, animations and interactivity into a single runtime. It is being designed to work in concert with XAML and is scriptable with JavaScript. XAML can be used for marking up the vector graphics and animations.

silverlight is not very useful right now. all the online video sites such as veoh or youtube still uses flash. microsoft hopes to replace flash with silverlight because silverlight is like quicktime, it offers bter quality.

Oh, so thats what it is. Will be a long time tho. Youtube does have horrible quality tho.

Either someone's gotta make a new site youtube like and use it with silverlight (and be successful), or all the flash sites have to go silverlight for silverlight to really be that useful... I'd assume that it wouldn't be easy to convert a site like youtube to a different thing with all the videos it's got.

I always wondered if microsoft would do something like this. Hopefully it will be better than quicktime. I hate quicktime because it likes to install itself in the tray and you have to pay to get a pro version which is stupid IMO.

I always wondered if microsoft would do something like this. Hopefully it will be better than quicktime. I hate quicktime because it likes to install itself in the tray and you have to pay to get a pro version which is stupid IMO.

I really only use quicktime for videos embedded on sites. It plays on quicktime and full screen wouldn't do me much good because of the quality. If I have a video file I always play it on VLC, it plays almost all file types in full screen. To get quicktime off the tray, just change the settings...

I really only use quicktime for videos embedded on sites. It plays on quicktime and full screen wouldn't do me much good because of the quality. If I have a video file I always play it on VLC, it plays almost all file types in full screen. To get quicktime off the tray, just change the settings...

I did change the settings but it's still a pain. I like VLC better, especially since it's completely free :D

Back
Top Bottom