CFs 5th birthday

David Lindon

Golden Master
On Dec 18th 2007 ComputerForums will be 5 years old which I think is a rather big deal. Since starting CF I've seen many forums come and go, some started by ex cf members and some that have tried to imitate CF but it has stood strong over time so I'd like to say a bit thank you to all the staff and members current and those that have been here in the past for helping make CF the success that it is.

To celebrate CFs 5th year I plan to run some competitions with prizes. So far we have come up with the following competitions:

• Longest active member (must be active at the time of this post, we don't want any old faces appearing on the day of prize giving expect a prize and then running)
  • Most rep (if you spam or repeatedly ask for rep you will be disqualified.
  • Most helpful

We need some more ideas to please suggest them.

Winners will be annouced on Dec 18th

cfzg1.jpg

drop the one with most rep, thats just silly, there should be...

-Funniest Member

ill think of others

also what are the prizes?

On Dec 18th 2007 ComputerForums will be 5 years old which I think is a rather big deal. Since starting CF I've seen many forums come and go, some started by ex cf members and some that have tried to imitate CF but it has stood strong over time so I'd like to say a bit thank you to all the staff and members current and those that have been here in the past for helping make CF the success that it is.

To celebrate CFs 5th year I plan to run some competitions with prizes. So far we have come up with the following competitions:

• Longest active member (must be active at the time of this post, we don't want any old faces appearing on the day of prize giving expect a prize and then running)
  • Most rep (if you spam or repeatedly ask for rep you will be disqualified.
  • Most helpful

We need some more ideas to please suggest them.

Winners will be annouced on Dec 18th

cfzg1.jpg

Is that going to be the new forum theme?

I have to say that the "Longest running ACTIVE members" has got to be Root besides the admin. Then we have quite a few trickling down from there. But 2004 was a year where things really got going. It was the year when a lot the older members really caught on and some are still active today including Alvino, Kage, 99Nasha, and yours truly (although with a different usename at the time).

Sounds like a good idea... but I think the "most rep" prize will just encourage more "OMG i liek got moer rep!1111!1one!!!!" threads and reputation obsession syndrome. (ROS)

im back from 04, but am not the oldest active member.
maybe an award for the most spam/useless threads :p

come to think of it, this is pretty pointless, because id win all the awards, its not really fair, but w/e i dont mind.
if you did want to go ahead then how about "best thread" "best signature" ...
ill post more ideas when i think of them

Back
Top Bottom