David something has to be done

Sure, but moderators have to be active enforcing sig sizes. We can still have everything custom, but mods have to be busy. If members don't comply, their sig will have to be manually removed like in the other forums until they fix it.

see look how cool these things are

four-of-a-kind.jpg

thats perfect for our poker playing bloke, mattie

playboy.jpg

good for any guy on here expect, thelis, because he isnt in to girls :p

omg-no-wai.gif

OMG DATS AWESOME!!!1!!1

please.jpg

I think that your overlooking the fact that this forum is far too cliquey, if you have differing views from anyone else, you get shot down.......if you truly believe that adding custom sigs and avatars is going to attract new members then I think your deluding yourself.

This may sound critical and having been here for some bit now, your face either fits or it doesn't, there is always an instant suspicion about new members also unfortunately its attracted the likes of spammers, or people whom don't seem to be adding to the forum, or the community, because it is a community. The likes of 'George Monks' whom persistently renew their membership despite being banned on numerous occasions.

This forum appears to like the drama, it seems to think there is a status symbol in achieving rep and post count, in no other forum that I frequent is there such an obsession with post count and rep, in fact you can still look back and out of the last maybe 100 threads, created in the social lounge probably 15% of them are created in regards to 'oh look I have 1000 posts, or so much rep etc...' lose that obsession and actually focus on contributing to the forum and I am sure it will start to thrive.

^^^another excellent point. The social aspect has evolved into the primary concept of computerforums, but we can't forget about the general computer help at the same time.

GlasseyeUK said:
This forum appears to like the drama, it seems to think there is a status symbol in achieving rep and post count, in no other forum that I frequent is there such an obsession with post count and rep, in fact you can still look back and out of the last maybe 100 threads, created in the social lounge probably 15% of them are created in regards to 'oh look I have 1000 posts, or so much rep etc...' lose that obsession and actually focus on contributing to the forum and I am sure it will start to thrive.

not any more, few people post those any more, and most people are proud of there achievements, and rep\post counts are the only things that can really be kept track of, last post i made like that was when i hit 2k posts, which was several months ago, so for me i guess i could care less

yea that sig on the page before is taking it too far, just lay down some rules. if you dont follow them you get a warning, then if needed a ban. this could work really well

I agree, this forum is way too cliquey. There are no members on here who I even talk to on yahoo, MSN or AIM. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't feel I fit into the "clique" but hey it's still a good forum!

I agree, this forum is way too cliquey. There are no members on here who I even talk to on yahoo, MSN or AIM. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't feel I fit into the "clique" but hey it's still a good forum!
i talk to a few. i have borats, muz's and a few other addys. im sure i added some people from cf from years ago, but cba to look down all my contacts to find out who it could have been. its nice to talk on msn sometimes, as i cant keep spamming up the chit chat all the time :p

everybody has there place on this forum :)

i talk to a few. i have borats, muz's and a few other addys. im sure i added some people from cf from years ago, but cba to look down all my contacts to find out who it could have been. its nice to talk on msn sometimes, as i cant keep spamming up the chit chat all the time :p

i really need to get my computer fixed, because i dont have aim\skype on this peice of crap

my place could be made warmer by either me farting on it, or by giving us some of this custom stuff.
option 1 is stinky business, so best go with the 2nd. after all it will give all the members a chance to make their posts look even better, and might actually attract new people. :)

Back
Top Bottom