David something has to be done

i agree, david all you have to do is allow us to upload our images to ANOTHER site, and post em up, or maybe make people get 100 posts then they can get custom av's, so people dont spam with them.

although i must add i DONT like pics in sigs very often
i dont think its an issue of uploading them anywhere else. i mean if the limit is 10kb, and 100 members used a custom avatar, thats only 1000kb, which is 1mb, its nothing, and i dont think bandwidth is a problem. i just think david needs to step out from the dark ages. the site doesnt need to be overfilled with useless features, but a bit of "pimping up" is long overdue

so true, specially with the default theme, between the default theme, no custom anything, its pretty plain here, i havent tried many other forums though, im no regular members at any others, although i might go over to RGForums one of these days

Personally I think if David and the mods could allow images in sigs at least. Limit the dimensions of what folks can use and maybe set it to where you have to have a certain amount of posts or something, They can look really professional, like these I made:D

avg_user.jpg

firefoxuser.jpg

Native.jpg

Just a thought anyway:)

i like that, i just dont like when they have a big old block the size of 5 full lines of text, looks tacky IMO

Yes, I agree. This forum is tooooooo restrictive compared to other forums that are highly active. I can think of two forums right now that have 50+ members active on occasions.

Must have custom avatars (upload option), custom sigs with graphics HTML, etc., and expand the subforums.

Also, there should be a cap on members that are inactive for more than a certain amount of years. After that, they're account should be dropped so we can make more room for usernames and such. I'm seeing tons of members and more than half, I never see. If they want to come back on, then they can create a new account all over again. It's ok.

Then you'll just have to create a new account. No big deal, unless you're just that lazy. I've been on other forums where if you haven't logged in for more than a year, you have to create a new account.

I get your point, and agree.

I am just saying that to get a good community, we need to offer them something special.

I am also saying that new members WILL go to the forum with the most toys.

I'm saying that if the mod situation isn't fixed and we don't get things back on track I'd rather go to a forum with more toys. This has been going on too long and has been neglected too long, both of those things combined isn't good.

Custom avatars won't hurt the forum. Just require them to be hosted somewhere else then you won't have to worry about bandwidth. If we were really that concerned about space, would we save every single post ever made and never delete any like we do now? I have yet to see any posts truly deleted, all that's done is a simple . and that's it. All that does is raise post count. I guess we can have post counts of 238471902378412908572390457812907 but no avatars? honestly I don't care about custom avatars, but if you're not going to allow us those then AT LEAST get a decent staff.

How come you're not on the other forum anymore? Haven't seen you on there for awhile. I'm still a regular on there and it's a pretty good site. Lots of guys know their sh** about PCs. Custom avatars and sigs are allowed. Plus, they have more active members on there. There's a social lounge there too so we talk about cars and stuff. Just like here, but with more things you do and talk about.

Back
Top Bottom