David something has to be done

Well, find me one person on this forum that would rather post in a forum like that.

Basically, theirs is a fully computer-problem forum, ours is more encompassing.

You're not understanding my point. It's not the software that runs the forum to blame, it's the community in a whole.

You're not understanding my point. It's not the software that runs the forum to blame, it's the community in a whole.

so then what is our problem as a community? Is it really about the avatars or custom sigs? I think that's what we need to establish here.

I get your point, and agree.

I am just saying that to get a good community, we need to offer them something special.

I am also saying that new members WILL go to the forum with the most toys.

its not just about attracting new members anyway. the current ones arnt happy and if all the problems just keep getting ignored we will probs end up leaving.

I think we could attract a lot of new members IF:
1. members suggestions were actually listened to such as the idea of custom avatars or something.
2. we had a friendly staff
3. we projected the image that we actually care about members here instead of it being a popularity contest.

You guys keep on mentioning staff, so what would you like us to do differently. That was what the mod review threads were for, and I know I try to do things that would make the members happy.

the staff are perfectly fine, except maybe brookfield.
the other points are valid though

i agree, david all you have to do is allow us to upload our images to ANOTHER site, and post em up, or maybe make people get 100 posts then they can get custom av's, so people dont spam with them.

although i must add i DONT like pics in sigs very often

I don't have time to read the thread, I will tonight, but I think what the problem is, is the lack of personality people make.

Other forums, sigs and avatars show off who you are, here we force people what we have, ornothing at all.

Personally I think if David and the mods could allow images in sigs at least. Limit the dimensions of what folks can use and maybe set it to where you have to have a certain amount of posts or something, They can look really professional, like these I made:D

avg_user.jpg

firefoxuser.jpg

Native.jpg

Just a thought anyway:)

Back
Top Bottom