[urgent]SATA II hard drive

It will sure work. That motherboard has support for second generation SATA hard drives so you should have no problem fitting that Maxtor in there.

What happens for Windows XP is that you need to press F6 when prompted and then you need to put the RAID drivers in the floppy drive. Then, you'll be able to load them and it'll find your drives.

As for the drive not detcted, that's for the IDE channels. RAId is probably the RAID utility, which you need two same drives.

im totally clueless! How come I cant just plug and play this drive... just as a slave my other old IDE drive!? If I goto hard drives on the BIOS menu i get
1. MAXTOR blahblah
2. RAID:WDC WD5000AAK

I boot up windows form the maxtor drive and the other hard drive isn't there. If i look at boot prioty on the BIOS menu the WD5000AAKS is not there! Do I have to install a drive.

What I'm basically trying to do is set my WD5000AAKS as a master, and install windows, copy files from maxtor IDE to the WD5000AAKS and then remove the maxtor IDE. BUT I CANT EVEN INSTALL WINDOWS ON THE NEW HARD DRIVE... What is up with it???

thx

UPDATE:
The hard disk works fine on my other pc with an older ASUS board (P5S800-VM) but not on the A8V-VM motherboard! Howcome? Any ideas?

Thanks

CAN THE ASUS A8V actually support raid? does it have a raid driver or will i need to buy a raid PCI card?

Back
Top Bottom