processor temperature question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
for awhile my cpu temperature was about 90 degrees....
turns out the heatsink wasnt fully connected to the cpu.
so now ive connected it in tightly, and checked the hardware monitor in the bios for the temperature.
when it started, it was abot 47 degrees. i exit out of the bios and use my comp for awhile. i restarted my comp later and i went to bios again. this time, the temperature is 60 degrees.
is 60 degrees even good for the cpu?
if it isnt, whats a way to make it cooler without buying a new heatsink and fan?
thanks in advance

First, what CPU do you have?
Second, are these temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Third, a way to make it run cooler would be to underclock the CPU or to buy a new heatsink which if its an AMD CPU I would highly recommend it.

its a pentium 4 socket LGA 775, running a 2.66 GHz, the temperature says C, which im guessing its celsius

HOLY SH**!!!
You should thank the P4's ablity to slow down when it gets too hot cuz 90C's is not to be joked around with. Thats about 200F just so you can compare it to other things. 60Cs is OK but not if your idling.
Are you using the stock heatsink?
Can you access the bios menu on your computer when you turn it on?
If so then you could try to underclock the CPU but if you don't want to lose performance then i would look into getting items for the computer. Example would be to get some case fans.

But before I go on whats the computer you got?

yea, its a stock heatsink.
it use to be an emachines t3506, but i upgraded some parts and kept the motherboard, so im not sure if i can underclock
i have a fan for the front, back, and side. the back is the only exhaust

im kinda broke right now after buying a video card, so when i get the money, ill get it. thanks
btw, the products page says its a celeron d

Celeron, Pentium, they both have nothing to do to the CPU. :p

Ok the main problem is that D CPUs run hot.
Just curious, did you ever clean your case up with compressed air cans?
Dust is a computers enemy, remember that.

nah, my friend said never to use compressed air to clean cuz they got moisture, and my other friend fried his motherboard with it somehow. so instead, me and my friends use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the dust. last time i did it was yesterday

Back
Top Bottom