I'm getting artifacts!! How do I fix it?

superman22x

Golden Master
I am, tried getting a screen shot, but its all perfect in the screen shot. It happens as soon as I start a game, but if I restart the computer its fine. I have a 7900gs, factory overclocked, but no OCing myself. I did use Ntune before my format, but that was a long time ago, and the settings should be back right?

O, the ntune settings stayed on the card?? That would be it! I'll restart in a little bit.

According to GPUZ my settings are still at factory. How can I find oout the temps on the card?

download ATI Tool, it works with nvidia cards too if your wondering, it should give you temps and allow you to underclock if neccasarry.

clean your case out, maybe the dust is getting too bad for it.

Yeah, I cleaned it all out. I'm going to try a game now. Usually it happens when its been running for a while.

Still doing it... Maybe I will downclock, and use it for a month, than send it in under warrenty, and buy a new one at the same time. I dont want to send it in now, cause than, I will have to wait a month for them to send a new one out and all. Which means my computer is useless for a month.

Here is a video of the problem. Those are artifacts correct?

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/...=view&current=pictures2007_10_19_21_23_01.flv

Does it in other games too. Not every game tho. Mostly just demanding games. Reinstall DX9? Ok.

If it still happens, and you have your guarantee, send it back. Its obviously damaged in that case, pre-overclocked or not, but since it was factory overclocked, the guarantee is still there.

I went to microsoft.com and updated DX, is there a way to reinstall the entire DX?
I have the gurantee, but I dont really want to send it back, cause than I have to wait for a month to get a new one. I am getting a new card around christmas time anyway, so I will wait til than, get the new card, send my old one in, and sell the replacement or something.
It will work fine when I restart my computer. Than after leaving my computer on for a while, it does it again.

Back
Top Bottom