Why Why Why Why...

Was the pc running when the monitor/signal failed or is the no display from a boot situation?

Has the pc been moved recently ?

Have you tried reseating the video card?

You know, just basic information swapping to build a troubleshooting profile, rule out possibilities, reduce variables etc

He has a point Shantei.

So the computer powers on fine, just like normal? No beep codes? The only problem is that you're not getting a display?

Try booting it up with no video card in place to see if you get any beep codes that way.

Was the pc running when the monitor/signal failed or is the no display from a boot situation?

Has the pc been moved recently ?

Have you tried reseating the video card?

You know, just basic information swapping to build a troubleshooting profile, rule out possibilities, reduce variables etc

If I did I would have said.

Seriously, it just went Kaput. I'm no computer expert but I can work out what happens when and why, if it's necessary or seems reasonable. This is why it's so annoying! :mad:

Lol, I've been saying that. I've tried everything! Replacing everything and it still seems to go wrong. I'm thinking motherboard.

you're getting no beep codes during the boot sequence at all ?? because if it was the card you should get a no video error code,.

Okay, just ignore my post...
If there is a beep code when you remove the video card, your video card probably isn't working right.

well if there is no video error beep I would then look at the monitor (what brand btw?)

Also what os and driver are you running? changed drivers recently?

Okay, just ignore my post...
If there is a beep code when you remove the video card, your video card probably isn't working right.
Sorry mate, didn't mean to be rude, lol, also not necessarily the case, if the video card is working and the monitor is down then you would get no beep code with the card in and a beep code with the card out.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to be rude, lol, also not necessarily the case, if the video card is working and the monitor is down then you would get no beep code with the card in and a beep code with the card out.
Lol I was talking to Shantei, sorry I didn't clarify that.

If there's no video card in, there should be a beep code. If it's in there and there's no beep code, it might be fried or something. But then if you take it out, there should be a beep code. If there isn't, that means a problem with the motherboard (or his case speakers)

Getting information is a little like pulling teeth for sure, we still don't know if the m/board beeps without the video card or not, we have no idea if the monitor is working etc, I'm going back to my music, will check this thread later to see if anything else has been posted.

EDIT:
If there's no video card in, there should be a beep code. If it's in there and there's no beep code, it might be fried or something. But then if you take it out, there should be a beep code. If there isn't, that means a problem with the motherboard (or his case speakers)
Precisely what I'm getting at, but without more info we're just guessing.

I'll check back laterz.

Back
Top Bottom