Driving, yay!

I'd have to agree that manual is better overall. The trans usually lasts longer than auto so says my dad (former mechanic, so I'll take his word). I just don't have the patience or skill to learn manual, so I stuck with auto. Sometimes I do some night driving anyway, when I'm more than half asleep driving home from work, so it's nice to have an auto so you don't have to think quite so much...:p The first vehicle I ever drove was a manual, and i don't even know how I managed that at age 10. Driving around in the pasture of course, not the road. I just have a hard time starting off. The rest isn't too hard. It would be a pain in dense traffic though.

If you are half asleep, you shouldn't be driving lol.

But when the time comes, an automatic transmission costs more to repair usually.

Well when I get my provisional, I'm going to find a nice private one I think, and start to learn.
I don't want to go with the major ones, like BSM etc, because I've heard they really rob you later on by saying stuff like "Yeah, you need more practise", etc when you don't.

Cool man, good luck with it all, got my test in 2 weeks.. arrghh!
It sounds easy doesn't it.. you have got biting points to learn which takes some getting used to, observations, merging, grr there's loads!

I love driving Manuals, I hate automatics, takes the fun out of driving, I get bored, I love getting the revs really high and donning my sports exhaust, automatics are good for motorways I would say, but for round town and stuff, manuals are alot better.

I say find a local company, big companies will try and rip you off, and you won't have that person to person communications, you will just be a customer, if you get me. I'm with a local company with a guy who is only 22, he's really good though, I got to know him as a mate as well, we have just been drinking together! He does things like let me off paying for a week if I don't have it, little things like that, but yeah I would definetly recommend a local company!

Yeah, I think I will :)

Who are you with Joxley being from Manchester and all?

I think I'm going to learn my theory now, and have that over with before I've done too many tests.

good luck with that :) ive been driving nearly 2 years now (20 in january), and i still enjoy it most of the time, manuals are so much better, ive driven autos before, and they change gear before you get up the revs! the kickdown thing is good, but theres nothing better than dropping down a gear in a manual and listening to the engine sing :). the beemer that ive got at the moment is great fun, though rear wheel drive is gonna be interesting in the winter..

The method I use was since I was 4, I sat and studied...and corected what could be wrong. It then came to the theory, and I passed first shot. Needless to say, I drive good, bu I have some flaws still.

Congrats!

I just officially got my license on Monday.. ;-)

Ah, driving has been fun.. I'm almost 19 and I commute to college on a train so not having a license was a nuisance of all hell.

Back
Top Bottom