Graphics Card Decision

Deffy

Beta member
I am building a new system and want to know which to get.
2x 8800gtx and run on sli or a XFX 8800 ultra extreme?

Cheers

Or wait for the 8900GTX's to come out, I think they are supose to come out this November

I'd buy one 8800GTX now, as games coming out before the new cards wont push it much. (If you can, buy an OEM, as they cost like £60 less, yet perform the same. They just don't have a box)

Then, when the new card does come out and its the right price for you, sell the 8800GTX for a couple of hundred, and buy yourself the latest. Again, you shouldn't need SLI for this.

So, it should end up cheaper in the end.

Depending on the cards you get, What processor are you thinking about getting? Don't want any bottlenecking.

Also welcome to the CF

You'll get bottle necking even on a Quad. I know I do, with my GTS 640mb, so with a GTX its bound to be worse.

Thats why for standard gaming with a regular sized monitor and not an insane resolution, SLI isn't really needed, because with my GTS on new games coming out now and in the future, I still expect to be able to force settings all the way. Only problem I may have is antialising amounts, but at 1680x1050, whos looking at the stairs :p

ya i find sli a wast
im just going to wait till they actually come out dual core on the actual gpu

ya i find sli a wast
im just going to wait till they actually come out dual core on the actual gpu

GPU's are already massively multi-threaded, the 8800GTX i think has like 48 pixel shaders, thats almost like 48 cores, dual core gpu's wont happen until they need a new card thats faster out on the market fast and cheap

Back
Top Bottom