worl on conflict

consider all the models that need to be rendered in real time, as well as each individual effect, which in WiC, theres thousands upon thousands going on at the same time, all the time

yea i thought it was mostly cpu work.

Ya theres no doubt you need to have a high end cpu to play the game as well as a good gpu. All those test benchs I did were with my CPU running 3.525Ghz. I don't think the games code is utilized for quad cores though. Although thats the type of game a quad core would benefit.

Like I said though problem is if it doesn't utilize 4 cores then someone with say a Q6600 would need to get at least to 3.5Ghz to run as effectively as my dual core. If its wrote for quads the Q6600 at stock would out preform my chip.

Since the quad cores are so cheap I would be willing to guess all games designed in the future are going to be able to use 4+ cores. So going quad is the logical step although you may lose performance in games designed and wrote for dual core's unless you can get the quad clocks as high as the duals. But of course with some of the new boards thats not a hard feat look at 99Nasha and Kage's results!

Ya theres no doubt you need to have a high end cpu to play the game as well as a good gpu. All those test benchs I did were with my CPU running 3.525Ghz. I don't think the games code is utilized for quad cores though. Although thats the type of game a quad core would benefit.

Like I said though problem is if it doesn't utilize 4 cores then someone with say a Q6600 would need to get at least to 3.5Ghz to run as effectively as my dual core. If its wrote for quads the Q6600 at stock would out preform my chip.

Since the quad cores are so cheap I would be willing to guess all games designed in the future are going to be able to use 4+ cores. So going quad is the logical step although you may lose performance in games designed and wrote for dual core's unless you can get the quad clocks as high as the duals. But of course with some of the new boards thats not a hard feat look at 99Nasha and Kage's results!

oh and doesnt changing resolutions give you a differnet size view therfore giving sum1 and advantage? if sum1 does a higher resolution, then he will be able o see more stuff on his screen.

Back
Top Bottom