It pays to be in retail edge

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
This is for all of you who happen to be in Intel's retail edge program, and to show off to those who are not :p

This years purchase program comes in two flavors. One costs $219 (need 9000 chips for it), the other costs $249 (12,000 chips to get this baby). The only difference between the two is the processor.

Lets start it off, both give you a Retail copy of Vista Home Premium and Intel BOXDG33TLM Motherboard.

What makes these kings, are the processors.

The one for $219 is Q6600!

The more expensive pack contains a beast. If I had the chips, or knew I could get them before the deadline I would spring for it, but I can't. The $249 pack contains a Q6700!

Don't you love intel?

I would love them more if I knew about them sooner. Do you have to be 18?

I would love them more if I knew about them sooner. Do you have to be 18?

mmhmm.... I lied to them... they'll never know. The do email my bosses, but they are cool, and will cover for me.

You do need to be in a qualified position to sign up for it though. So not every member here can join.

So, what exactly is this? I'm a little confused, and how do you sign up? lol.

To most, it's bragging, for those few who are on here and actually in retail edge, it is a heads up.

If you have a job working with computers, talk to you boss, see if your company is a member of retail edge. If not, you cannot sign up.

Very nice Celegorm. My company uses tigerdirect. Not sure how big there discounts are though. I asked the one tech in the office the one day and he said he would find out for me. But that was back when Vista came out and I bought it on spur of the moment thing from newegg.

Really any company that purchases items in bulk is going to get better pricing. Thats the whole concept behind whole sale.

Although I'm not sure what you linking here? Cause those are normal prices on what you have in your links. Is this some type of membership you pay per year to get a reduced cost on items? If so can you point me to a link were I can find more info on the Intel Retail Edge program.

I know those are normal links, I wanted to show what normal prices are. I don't need to buy from newegg, or tiger. All that would be bought through intel to get that price.

I'd buy a mobo somewhere else for one that could OC better. I guess I'm screwed on this, since I work for my parents at a surplus store lol.

Back
Top Bottom