Xp + Ram?

Juice1

Fully Optimized
How much RAM can XP Professional utilize? I have 2gb ready for my new build and I am wondering if I should buy more, or if it will be useless.

I wouldn't bother with more than 2GB, unless you are going for 64bit, which supports more than 3GB.

How much RAM can XP Professional utilize? I have 2gb ready for my new build and I am wondering if I should buy more, or if it will be useless.

i think its 3.25 Gb for 32 bit and 128Gb for 64 bit.

personally on any 32 bit system i dont see the point in having more than 2Gb coz then you have to buy 2 X 512MB sticks and no1 deals in 512 these days.

yea id say 2gb is more than enough on xp. just wait till you upgrade to vista, then consider some more

Ok cool, I just don't ANY lag if it's possible... I've never really used a computer as nice as my new build, so I just hope it won't lag. I'm fustrated with my current machine which is a P4 2.4GHz with a gig of RAM and it freezes sometimes. That's why I would like to have as much RAM as possible

And most likely won't be getting vista... Not a fan of it. I've used it and I will just stick with XP Pro 32 bit.

tbh xp will run well on 64mb ram (with tweaks). just depends what you are using the computer for. seems as though your dell has 1gb it shouldnt keep freezing. sounds like it needs bit of tweaking/cleaning

Back
Top Bottom