Anyone for dual quads and SLi ??? Octocore goodness

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
During a closed door session at IDF, we had a chance to get some hands on time with a few upcoming Intel platforms including Skulltrail, the octa-core platform Intel is targeting at enthusiasts. We also saw some dual-core 45nm desktop and mobile (Wolfdale) machines at work and even snapped off a few pics of a phase-change cooled, overclocked Skulltrail machine that was running at 4GHz.
Have a read of the article linked below.

SOURCE ARTICLE

LOL did you see the price of the SkullTrail chips? $1500 per chip or $3000 per board. Server tech reaching the mainstream of gaming tech. It was going to happen sooner or later. Exciting but who can afford it until it becomes standard.

Quad SLI is a little ways off. They need to work out heat and driver issue's before anything major happens there.

looks so sick
i like this one
I want quad core so bad!!!!!
big_skulltrail_8.jpg

soon to be SLI x 3.

Can you imagine that! 2 quad core processors running at 4ghz (32ghz in total) and 3 8800gtx's!

dual 9700 Zalmans, I wonder if the board has additional reinforcement to support the weight.

The stacker case looks nice, 831 if I'm not mistaken, I wonder what the load operating db is with that many fans, anyone got one ?? (Coolermaster Stacker 831)

EDIT: Good advertising for Zalman too btw if Intel is using them on test pc's

hurm... im gonna need a second job to pay for my computers in the future... jeezus

hha yeah, but like always prices will drop on those and eventually those will be outdated.

Just think, a amd 64 3500+ used to be ridiculously expensive.

Back
Top Bottom