Are you ready for a Playstation 3?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
It's officially official: the recently announced $400 40GB PlayStation 3 slips onto shelves in the United States on November 2, while the 80GB model drops $100 to $500, giving Sony a much needed one-two sales punch this coming holiday season. The 40GB model's arrival is crucial, because it's just $50 more than Microsoft's $350 Xbox 360 Premium..................read more here!

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/005721.html

Sounds good to me. Hope this strategy works for them.

^ i waited close to 2 years for my PS2...and i hardly play it at all - i always come back to my computer <B

I'm wondering wheather to buy one, but the lack of a VGA cable to plug into a PC monitor puts me off, as its the only source of HD in my house, and I have a 360 doing this anyway.

The 40GB version here isn't worth getting, as too many features are stripped out, and that costs £299.

The 60GB version which they have stopped production on here, so shops only have limited stock, has everything, comes with 2 games and 2 blu-ray movies, and is £349.99

Definietely the one to go for if you are in the UK looking for a quick deal now.

The 40GB model is crap. It doesn't even offer backwards compatibility. For those who want a PS3 just suck it up and spend the $500 on the full model.

Well, thats not entirely true.

Whereas it stops backward compatibilty with PS2 games (even though in the UK its always been software based anyway... talk about marketing to make you buy the 60gb version as this wouldn't cost them anymore...)

It still will play PS1 games I believe.

Other things they've knocked out that wouldn't bother me:

Card reader

Things that do bother me:

SACD playback took out, and no ethernet, and I'm not ready to go to wireless yet

I have no reason to get a PS3, really... I like my Wii and my PS2 - both cheaper, better systems. The whole no backwards compatibility feature makes it even more of a worse deal for me.

Well, thats not entirely true.

Whereas it stops backward compatibilty with PS2 games (even though in the UK its always been software based anyway... talk about marketing to make you buy the 60gb version as this wouldn't cost them anymore...)

It still will play PS1 games I believe.

Other things they've knocked out that wouldn't bother me:

Card reader

Things that do bother me:

SACD playback took out, and no ethernet, and I'm not ready to go to wireless yet

I think they also removed two USB ports as well

Either way, most people I know already got either a Wii or a 360. They're not going to want to get a PS3 once they already have one of those.

Back
Top Bottom