Core Temp?

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
On a full load my core temps run between 54C to 57C, are these temps I should worry about? Should I buy a new cpu fan and heatsink (I have stoch fan and heat sink installed)? If so what is a good one to buy for my cpu? My cpu is not oc'd or anything. Just realized tonight those temps while running Prime95.

you should be fine, C2D's can go up to 65c safely, usually higher but anything over 65c means you have a problem with your fans\heatsinks, or maybe just too much dust

ok. thank you. I take it that I should not oc until I get it cooler though? Or will I be okay to oc it?

If you can OC without raising Vcore, go ahead. The only thing that affects the temps is the Vcore, so if you are still at stock, you can go up. Just go until it BSODS or does some similar crap on you, then drop down a 'lil bit.

It will be OK to OC, but personally, to get better results, get another cooler. My Prescott CPU never goes higher than 50C under load, and that's with a generic heatsink/fan. Works much better than Intel stock fans.

Anyone familiar with my mobo? I can't figure out how to oc it in bios, it looks a lot differnt from other threads.

I can't figure out how to overclock my brother Asus motherboard either.
I'm used to Abit when it comes to overclocking

Will it be okay to download a program to do it? i know it'll have to load up everytime the computer come on

my laptop [C2D T7200] idles @ 31C, full load it hits ~ 55c... id say grab a new cooler to keep the temps down.

you should be able to overclock via the bios

Back
Top Bottom