ATI X1950XTX Fan Controller/Temperature not working.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Today when I restarted my computer I noticed that my ATI Tool wasn't showing me the temperature of my X1950XTX When I went to the settings of the ATI tool, the “Fan Control” option wasn't there…I tried the sensor on the Everest and it was missing as well.

My main concern is to have the ability to change the fan speed on the card, coz I know if I set it to 50% the temp will be around 50c but it is missing from the ATI Tool. Is it possible that my sensor broke? If yes why am I unable to control the fan speed!

(I tried reinstalling the ati tool, it didn't help)

Please help.

Thanks

When you say Everlast do you mean Everest? If so thats strange. Its possible try downloading Riva tuner and see if any of the temp software or fan speed control works with it.

Did you do any type of driver updates. If so its possible the driver your using isn't supported by the version of ATI tool that your using. In which case it wouldn't register anything.

Yes, its Everest, sorry about that.

No new drivers been downloaded, il try the Riva tuner.

Thanks

If you can't read GPU temps, that's because there is no actual sensor on the mobo for GPU temp monitoring.

Well here is what I did, I had an extra Zalman GPU fan lying around, so I installed it, and I also realized that my ATI Drivers was outdated by 1 version. I then downloaded the new drivers, restarted my computer and Everest was showing the temp, but ATI Tool wasn't, and there were no Fan control option, same goes for Riva tuner. Then after about 1h, everything fixed it self. I gat fan control on both the ATI tool/Riva tuner, but it was a bit 2 late, because I now have Zalman that has his own fan controller. My GPU temp is about 47c-50c Idle & that's with full fan speed & about 65 when playing WoW is it ok?. I used the small tube of thermal paste that Zalman provided, how much of it I should have used? I put about #2 pencil eraser size dot in the middle of GPU and installed the heat sink on top.

Now I also have another problem, you know how u right click on your desktop and you have an option to lunch the Catalyst controller, well when I click on it, I see my mouse pointer change, meaning something is loading, but then nothing happens…I cant open the ATI Catalyst controller…

Thanks.

Anyone? I can really use the input on the temp and Catalyst controller problem.

Thanks

(Sorry for double post)

Back
Top Bottom