Best online store to buy LCDs?

I used to work for Best Buy before I became a Cop. The do carry the Acer monitors, 19" - Up to 24".

To answer your question with pricematching. Best Buy DOES Price Match, But they DO NOT price match, Non Retail stores (ie. Newegg, Tigerdirect, Ebay, Etc Etc, Prices). They also DO NOT Match Mail in Rebates.

As for Warranty. The ONLY way to get Dead Pixels warrantied is to purchase the Best Buy Service Plan on the Item, and even the PSP only covers up to 4 Dead Pixels.

newegg will return anything with over 8 dead pixels, anything less an you probably wont notice, unless there all in a row.

Don't worry about dead pixels. It's a hype people get you into when realistically, you will hardly get any at all. We mass recieve tons of LCD monitors through Dell and Linkline and rarely do we have to return one due to dead pixels. All the reputable sites have been mentioned already so just pick a place. Should a monitor have noticeable dead pixels, return it to the vendor. If that's not possible, then go directly to the manufacturer. It's as simple as that. Every LCD monitor has some type of standard warranty one way or the other and will be granted.

When I was working at the hospital, We got around 50 new LCD's (19" Samsung, 1280x1024) and I didn't notice dead pixels on a single one of them.

Yeah, I hear you there. That's why I don't get why people get so worked up about dead pixels. I mean, personally, I bought my fair share of LCD monitors. This is my 42nd one, well including customer builds too and none of them were defective in any way. I don't know why I remember the LCD count. I guess I research too many of them to get it imprinted into my memory. At work, we order tons too and I don't even remember when the last time an LCD monitor had to be returned.

I used to work for Best Buy before I became a Cop. The do carry the Acer monitors, 19" - Up to 24".

To answer your question with pricematching. Best Buy DOES Price Match, But they DO NOT price match, Non Retail stores (ie. Newegg, Tigerdirect, Ebay, Etc Etc, Prices). They also DO NOT Match Mail in Rebates.

As for Warranty. The ONLY way to get Dead Pixels warrantied is to purchase the Best Buy Service Plan on the Item, and even the PSP only covers up to 4 Dead Pixels.

tigerdirect has retail stores.......

Thanks, I didn't know the amount of LCD monitors that were defective was that small of an amount. I guess I just read about all the bad cases, but none of the good cases get reported much. I only have 3 LCDs in the house right now, my bro's, and my 2 notebooks. My bro's has a random stuck pixel about in the middle of the screen that you can poke and it will go away. My notebooks don't have any dead pixels. My bro used to have a DS that had a dead pixel on the top screen... That's all the LCDs I've ever had in the house.

Since the probability is low to actually get a defective one, I'll just go newegg. Cheapest I can get it, and since I'm already signed up with newegg, and they usually have a deal on the shipping, I'll just get it when I have the money and they have free shipping on my monitor.

EDIT: I'm not even going to buy that Best Buy extended warranty thing... Way too expensive most likely. I bought my notebook at Best Buy, and had I not said I didn't have enough money, the sales man would probably have kept pestering me about buying it, $300ish extra for my notebook it would have been...

Back
Top Bottom