Rate you local computer Store.

7/10

Fry's is OK. Not enough fan selection and some overpriced motherboards.

There is a local store, never been there. I will rate circuit city, closest. They do not have much parts all they have is ram and videoo cards and hard drives. 7/10

The only one I know of here has good service but terrible prices. $100 for a P1 system...ummm, ok, who gonna buy that? It's out in a back corner too, so it will just sit there forever... I have a hard time giving away P1's. I bought a mobo from them once and had a problem with it. I took it back, and apparently I didn't set the jumpers right, so it wasn't posting. They showed me how to set it and was very nice about it. I just don't go there because I shop newegg now since it's got cheaper prices. if they had better prices I would definitely go there.

6/10 rating, prices are horrible, service is good. Not sure about tech support as i can do that for myself, but their prices are equally as bad. Installing an optical drive: $30 last I checked... They changed their site to where you have to call to get prices now...

7/10

Fry's is OK. Not enough fan selection and some overpriced motherboards.

I hate Fry's. You'll have more chances of getting hit by thunder then getting actual help from their customer support. Returns? Forget about it.

I agree about customer support, they don't know crap. I just go there when I'm really bored. I've returned a ton of stuff though, I just say it doesn't work and they take it back. Doesn't work for motherboards though.

PC Club = 7/10 (limited hardware, but very knowledgeable and friendly customer service--wow, that alone is 10/10)

Fry's = 5/10 (poor customer service, store is too big, but lots of hardware. Took points off mainly for customer service).

the only local shop i know about some of the prices are SO HIGH, its 20$ for round ide cable :eek: although some things are good, and its REALLY small

DIT Computers: Severe lack of product diversity, over priced, 50% of employees are arrogant...4/10. They have nice things there no doubt, and are knowledgeable especially in the service department, but it gets obnoxious.

Computer Renaissance: It's a junkyard of everyone's unwanted PC crap. 1/10

Yeah...we don't have much here in Omaha...which is odd. There's places like Best Buy and Nebraska Furniture Mart (Mega Mart) but those aren't JUST computer stores. Most of my purchasing is done online.

Back
Top Bottom