Creating a successful website

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Anyone know how websites like Myspace, Facebook, Imageshack, etc. make money? I mean, those services are all free so how does the owner of those sites make thousands and thousand of dollars?

advertising, millions upon millions of people visit those sites everyday, it costs BIG money to put ads up on those kind of sites

So basically, companies pay the owner of Myspace all that money just so they can put banner ads and such on Myspace? Wow, I should make a website and have it bombarded with tons of ads. Or is it really that easy?

There is moderation. There's a large difference between advertisements and intrusive advertisements. Usually if a pop up appears on my screen, I immediately leave the site.

Myspace was a niche, which was the main reason why it's so successful. Myspace has the potential to grow and expand into different entities. That's why News Corp. spent that much to acquire it.

In what ways do you think Myspace can expand it's services? Online storage? Perhaps even media sharing? Forums? Chatrooms?

Has all of those. I hate myspace, there are ads everywhere, looks like crap. But I still use it.

You won't do it.

The categories are all taken. You will have to think of a truly unique idea to make a website that everyone needs but hasn't been thought of / made.

Banners are not also the key, becuase these may induce spyware to your users. Don't even try.. many people have before and in fact have lost money.

Back
Top Bottom