Script to change proxy settings in IE?

freestyler105

Golden Master
So at my school, we've finally found a way to bypass the filtering system. If you use Firefox in safe mode, it lets you access Internet Options. You can then change the proxy settings to use the proxy that administrators use that has no filter.

Anyway, unfortunately, there are no shortcuts or anything to Firefox. I'm not really even sure why it's on there...Internet Explorer is our default browser. And it's just a pain to have to browse through Windows Explorer to get to Firefox every time. Soo is there any way, without going into Internet Options in IE (because it's blocked) to change the proxy settings? Regedit is blocked as far as I know, and so are some functions of the command prompt, however you can still access the command prompt.

For any mods that want to lock this...MY SCHOOL BLOCKS WIKIPEDIA FFS!

So at my school, we've finally found a way to bypass the filtering system. If you use Firefox in safe mode, it lets you access Internet Options. You can then change the proxy settings to use the proxy that administrators use that has no filter.

Anyway, unfortunately, there are no shortcuts or anything to Firefox. I'm not really even sure why it's on there...Internet Explorer is our default browser. And it's just a pain to have to browse through Windows Explorer to get to Firefox every time. Soo is there any way, without going into Internet Options in IE (because it's blocked) to change the proxy settings? Regedit is blocked as far as I know, and so are some functions of the command prompt, however you can still access the command prompt.

For any mods that want to lock this...MY SCHOOL BLOCKS WIKIPEDIA FFS!

Their should be a way to ignore group policys for IE, which would in turn make you able to change the proxy. I've figured this out for cmd.exe, regedit.exe and taskmgr.exe (I can run them all, no matter what restrictions :p ), however I failed for IE and explorer.exe

Back
Top Bottom