Sound card failure

xxxnullifierxxx

Baseband Member
I bought a dell e510 a year ago with creative xtreme music sound card, and recently i think it broke cuz there nothing but weird distored noises coming out of it. any help plz!!!! i dunno wat to do

I don't have that model, but try one of the following:
1.)Make sure its in the right port.
2.)Try opening the utilities and turning the db's down slightly.(some speakers can't take it.)
3.)Check for a bad wire by wiggling it(the cheap way) or getting a volt meter. However I doubt the wire is the issue.
4.) Make sure you have the right driver.

Good luck. Thats all I know that can cause the issue.

Uninstall, and re-install the newest drivers. Thats the first step :)

I got this problem about a day after I bought the card in fact, and I fixed it by making sure I never used Entertainment mode ever again, as its as buggy as hell.
Switch over to Audio Creation mode for the cleanest sound, and when playing games, switch to Game Mode.

Entertainment mode is a problem, and can cause problems like you are encountering from time to time.

Easiest way to change it is through the Creative Audio Console, and using the settings there

i got new drivers, but sound is still distorted and quiet, tried wiggling the wires :( this card died after one year... i dont think its supposed to. any other suggestions? does anyone know if id b able to exchange the card?

Back
Top Bottom