Newegg Open Box

for the return policy on newegg, this is what it says

"Return Policy Text

1. Open Box Item Return Policy
1. Summary
* Return for refund within: 15 days
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable
2. Detail
1. This is our Detailed Open Box Item Return Policy. Newegg.com often sells items that are listed as "open-box." Because these items are sold at greatly reduced prices, they bear this limited 15-day refund-only return policy through Newegg.com. Such items can only be returned within 15 days of the applicable invoice date. Newegg.com cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including (but not limited to) scratches, dings or dents. Should these items prove defective following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg.com) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law. These items are not covered by any 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

If you purchase an Open-Box product you will receive an OEM BAREBONE item, meaning you will only receive the item itself. Accessories are NOT INCLUDED with Open-Box products, even if the missing accessory is required for the item to function properly."

on the 15 return day policy, it says that they tested their items for functionality, but may have defects.
i think thats strange

i have a question, i bought the item, and its on step 3
"Step 3: Your credit/debit card has been successfully charged. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order."
so heres the question, if i click on the cancel and cancel the item, will it be canceled and i get my money back?

No, you won't be able to undo that now. Its paid for, and its coming.
You could always try e-mailing them.

hmm, as i reread the policies of open box, newegg says that they dont test it, but the original manufacturer does
so does this mean that newegg receives the item from the original buyer, ships it to the original manufacturer for testing, then its sent back to newegg for reselling?

sorry to double post, but this for anybody that is thinking about buying an open box, i've emailed newegg about how they determine about open box.

heres the questions i asked
#1 - When you guys receive an RMA item, do you guys send it back to the original manufacturer for testing, and if it passes, its sent back to you guys?

#2 - when you guys receive the returned item, how do you decide on whether or not the item should be listed to sell?

heres what they said
#1 We inspect the defective item. If we confirm it is defective then we will replace it.

#2 If the item was returned for defectiveness and was repaired then it is listed as refurbished. If the item was returned for any reason other than defectiveness than it is listed as opened boxed. Items that were defective and repaired by the manufacturer are listed as recertified.

Back
Top Bottom