laptop res problem

convergecult

In Runtime
ok i asked this before with no real reply. every time my laptop comes back from like sleep or hibernate mode my resolution goes back to the biggest it can. if i start up from being shut off it is fine. i have reinstalled the drivers for the graphics card already and it still does it. also ive noticed my mouse will skip when im loading a lot of images online from web pages. any ideas?

Erm, i've fought that battle before with my dad's computer.. and eventually I won.

I have no idea how though.. I would just keep changing the resolution back and it stopped bothering me...

Maybe a virus? Run crapcleaner and (you don't need to but go ahead and run) reg cleaner and some virus scan (I had AVG FREE)

I think that was around when he was having problems with IE. I don't know, his computer is so S. :) BAD! It's one of those $400 from walmart.. the use-for-ayear and throw away. It's been 6 years :p That means this computer is 8 years old! wow!

And the mouse was skipping too..

Have you uninstalled anything lately or installed something? Maybe something you say will refresh my memory.

:D

-Q

the only thing ive done is a fresh install of vista then the drivers for the video card. no games ive installed adobe creative suite(legal copy) and winamp and azures oh and Damion tools

Yeah well, it could be a very rare problem. What I'd look for is maybe a BIOS flash, that may fix the problem, or maybe you'll have to end up getting either updated drivers or fiddle with it. Have you tried with XP?

Back
Top Bottom