He killed four, punishment?, a two year ban!

Brookfield

Golden Master
A young male driver in England with four girl passengers went out of control on a country road, flipped & ended up 140 feet away in a field, all four passengers were killed, he was cleared of dangerous driving, getting only a two year ban, source; BBC & ITN news.
The parents of the four girls can't get anything done as he wasn't sent to prison & a leading lawyer confirmed that was correct, there is no redress, a father of one of the girls worked it out that his daughter's life was worth only £600, working that out by the number of points that the youth would have had put on his driving licence, I can't see how he worked that out, but still.

whats worse is that he had the four passangers in the back, and only enough seatbelts for 3 - so clearly that was dangerous driving before he even crashed. His father must have been in the free masons or something...:mad:

yeah but theres so many points to consider in a case like this, speed, road conditions etc more than likely he was showing off, didnt account for the extra wieght those 4 girls made up and with a lack of experience the worse happened. its tragic but that kid didnt get up in the morning intending to kill those 4 girls. hes got to live with that and will probably die everyday thinking about it for along time. i hear what you say that the punishment does not fit what has happened but there would of been five lives ruined if he had gone to prison just for one stupid mistake

^ id consider the death of 4 girls all under 18 more than a 'stupid mistake' but then again thats just me...

nope he had a passenger with him in the front, but im very suspicious of the whole thing - kills 4 young girls two 15yr olds and two 16yr olds and doesnt even get a proper sentence very strange. And he said he was only doing 40mph - now who would honestly belive that?!

saying this ive just got back from plymouth to find out that my dad has just been involved in an accident. nothing mayjor. a car went into the near rear side of his as he was turning crossing the A48. a long strech of road. my dad also had a amber flashing light on top of his car (hes the newspaper man) dont know how he didnt see it looking at the pictures. plus there arent any skid marks. my dad said if the bloke was in a smaller car it would of probably flipped

Back
Top Bottom