New monitor

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm thinking about getting this. It's actually one of those new LCD TV by Samsung and it looks really good. It works as a PC monitor and regular TV. Plus, it's HD ready, thin, and light weight.

Best part of all is that this unit can work as a TV and PC mode all at the same time in Picture in Picture. So neat.

I'm not too good with the specs of these things, but I think it looks ok. What do you guys think?

SAMSUNG Black 23" 16:9 8ms 720p LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Tuner Model LNT2342H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102122

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...evisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LNT2342HX/XAA

Should I get this, I will sell my LCD monitor and TV :p.

Look at how many inputs this thing has!!!

89-102-122-07.jpg

89-102-122-08.jpg

Those LCD monitors/televisions hybrids usually don't get that high of a resolution. I highly suggest you stick with a standard monitor.

The resolution on that TV is weird. It's like 1366x768 when my regular monitors are like 1280x800 and 1280x1024.

I'm kind of curious about that HD output though. The back of our video cards only has DVI and a little black TV out port, that's it. Most HDTV have the HDMI input on the back. How can we use that HDMI input on those TVs from our video cards? Most video cards support HDTV. I'm thinking there has to be a some kind of DVI to HDMI adapter or something.

I just notice that video cards come with HDTV cables too. But, it looks like they go out from the TV out on the back of the video card. Then you have to buy additional cable at Radio Shack to complete the connection from that TV out to the back of the Component Video Input at the back of the TV directly. But then, is that still considered a high definition input?

I'll post some pictures here:

14-143-093-06.jpg

14-143-093-02.jpg

89-102-122-08.jpg

So how does this all work to get HD output from the computer?

Then you have to buy additional cable at Radio Shack to complete the connection from that TV out to the back of the Component Video Input at the back of the TV directly. But then, is that still considered a high definition input?
No. At least I don't think so.

I had a early hybrid CRT once. It was manufactured by Princeton, and it allowed dual interference between cable and VGA imports. While it produced a better picture then televisions using S-Video, it still was a television. The highest resolution was around 1024 X 7-- and compared with other monitors of that size, it was low.

Stick with computer monitors if you value resolution and space. If not, go ahead with the purchase. Keep in mind, this is a television first, monitor second.

Hmmm, looks like I may stick with my monitor then. I was thinking of getting rid of my TV to go HD. That was my main thing that I wanted....High Definition. I figured if I could get HDTV and use it as a computer monitor at the same time, I can kill two birds with one stone. Save space and such.

LCDTV HD are still too expensive. I'm going to look into getting a HD TV Tuner or something equivalent to it now. Hauppauge looks to be the tuner of choice since they specialize in that field. My old TV Tuner card is a piece of crap with no support for anything at all. That's what I get for paying $25 for it :p. No features.

I saw a nice Haupppauage one for $140 that I'm interested in so I'll go that route instead. But if I do get rid of my TV, that means I need to turn on my PC just to watch TV :p, lol.

I could keep my old TV, but I'm trying to update the looks of things around here. Get modernized. I want HDTV mainly and the thin TV screens to go with it. Trying to cut back so if I have to move in the future, it will be easier. I have this old bulky 20" regular TV set. Believe me, it's heavier than it looks!!! I have a buyer for it, but it's just a matter of me going through with the transaction.

A little off the subject, but get a new TV when laser tv's come out, it's getting close. Those are nice, and the price is supose to be cheaper than plasma and lcd with better performance.

The only problem with that is that laser TV are going to be very expensive. It's just like laser CPUs or what Intel calls it, "Optic CPU". They've successfuly completed trial runs on their new line of optic CPU and will announce a release date very soon for businesses only. It will be very expensive as well.

Back
Top Bottom