Help! Quad core problems.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Im worried, ive got my quad core installed, when I have overclocked, only one clock has gone up! Check these screens, they keep flicking in between to 2 speeds. As you can see I cant select which core I want.

Ok so the first says 1.9 when its meant to be 2.4!!!! and the multiplyer is 6 which should be 9

Screen1.jpg

And this is the correct overclocked one. Which everything is right.

Screen2.jpg

Im confused, theres no options to enable quad cores, and I have the latest bios. Any ideas?

you have a heat problem, when the cpu gets hot enough it will throttle its speed so it wont overheat and have to shutdown, if you have a stock HSF than put it back to stock and dont OC unless you set it lower or get a better HSF. if you do have an aftermarket cooler than i suggest making sure you set it up right

My CPU is running at 30'C with an aftermarket cooler. And it did the same when it was running stock

isnt that speedstep when the CPU doesnt need to use its full potention it doesnt ?

coz im thinking you have loads of programs that only have the ability to use 1 core thats why 1 of them is at high clock speed and the others are lower as you only have a few programs with the ability to make use of more than 1 core ?

jus my opinion

you have a heat problem, when the cpu gets hot enough it will throttle its speed so it wont overheat and have to shutdown, if you have a stock HSF than put it back to stock and dont OC unless you set it lower or get a better HSF. if you do have an aftermarket cooler than i suggest making sure you set it up right
Incorrect

isnt that speedstep when the CPU doesnt need to use its full potention it doesnt ?
Correct

Load something up and watch your cpu hit its rated speed.

It's simply not running at full speed when it has a very low load. This is intel speedstep?

My friend's Core 2 Duo is like this. When the cpu load is low, it reduces the voltage to make less heat, but kicks it back up when playing a game or something. Pretty similar to the Cool 'n Quiet feature of AMD64.

Back
Top Bottom