We really need that limit on links

Definitely

I've used these, good idea:)

ummmm .... no comment.

yeah i think something definately has to be done and that is a good idea but id only say like between 5 and 20 posts because lets face it some1 who is jus coming here to spam wouldnt bother posting more than 10 times jus to spam ?

so i think something needs to be done i just dont know what.

what about some kind of sensor that will alert mods when certain words are used before its posted to the public. words like. Nude / Sexy / Free pictures / etc and if the mod aproves of thread then its posted if not no more spamming jus an idea

its all good and well suggesting stuff like this but its not always easy to set up. i mean the only thing i know of like this is when mods have to approve every thread, but thats a bit ott.

I think an outright ban is over the top like rudster said, if its outright spam then a mod will delete it

ummmm .... no comment.

yeah i think something definately has to be done and that is a good idea but id only say like between 5 and 20 posts because lets face it some1 who is jus coming here to spam wouldnt bother posting more than 10 times jus to spam ?

so i think something needs to be done i just dont know what.

what about some kind of sensor that will alert mods when certain words are used before its posted to the public. words like. Nude / Sexy / Free pictures / etc and if the mod aproves of thread then its posted if not no more spamming jus an idea
Whadd'ya mean "no comment" ??,
aggressive.gif
lol.

The only problem is is if links are disabled then the post will still show up with the links only you won't be able to click on them they will just be text. So a mod would still have to deal with it. I think the captcha is a much better solution.

When you register here, do you have to put a code in thats written in an image or not? That'd stop some bots, if thats what they are.

No, we don't. I've talked to David about that before, and he said he would work on it.

Ah, well thats definetly the first step to stop these bots, because I doubt a person is doing this, unless they are really sad.

As for stopping links, there isn't that many new members that make posts, so moderating the first post they make before we accept them isn't that much of an issue. It could be done.

But if these that have been happening recently are bots, we should try and add that text thing, and see if it stops it first.

Plus, as another mention, I think its pretty rude, if a member whos just added doesn't welcome themselves first before asking for help..
The members that tend to do that, come back once and leave, or get help and just go without saying.

Good points everyone, although, if a new user posts a their first post with a genuine link for whatever reason, what we going to do then..

A think a captcha would work well, even if it is just a simple one, it should be in the admin panel, there should be an option about it..

It does get annoying when people post links to stupid videos from youtube or w/e saying " Hey Check this out" w/ no description of what the video is, it could be something else. Know what i mean?

Back
Top Bottom