Help pciking a major, and school

superman22x

Golden Master
Its my jr. year, and I'm looking into majors, and schools to go to. I need some help. I have looked into computer engineering, but thats a lot of software stuff, and I'm not really interested in software, more interested in hardware. I also like cars and that kind of stuff, so I looked into mechanical engineering. What are some suggestions for working with computer hardware? What are you going to college for?

You could go into Computer Science or Computer Information Systems. Not sure what would be good for computer hardware, but I'm probably going to go into one of those two majors. I'm still considering what college I want to go to. I'm also in my junior year as well.

Yeah, I might go into electrical engineering. Closly related to computer engineering. University of IL at Chicago may be a school I will look at. Clsoe to home too.

Computer engineering is designing motherboards, ICs, and things like that. You'll be learning component level on these things and it is hard in my opinion. That's why they get the big bucks though. IT is mainly software and hardware in general and support of these two to work together. Plus, you'll be exposed to networking and other telecomm subjects too.

I'm also in my junior year and I find it incredibly hard to look for / find majors and colleges, I'm also looking at game design / computer engineering etc.

Back
Top Bottom